Illinois Alumni Team in TBT

Deron and Malcolm would be nice pieces. IIRC current NBA players can't participate in TBT (so no Leonard), right? Is Brandon Paul on an NBA roster? If not, he'd be another good add.

Was thinking about this last night (why am I thinking about this at weird times?) and I also figured that undrafted seniors would be eligible....lets add Feliz on the team!

I was of the opinion that Brian Randle was going to develop into one of the all time greats in Illini history....he had length, he had quickness and athleticism ....of course the hand injury probably had a lot to do with holding him back .....but he just didn't develop like I thought or hoped he would...one of the biggest disappointments from a player in my years of watching Illini hoops
Freak athlete, just couldn’t put it all together. I still remember him dunking on Killingsworth. That was probably one of my favorite dunks of all time.

D9CEB447-D610-4D53-82C6-723452F7E2AC.jpeg

Last edited:

TMC999

Not Iowa
Jens kujawa. Nick smith. Victor chukwudebe. Shelly Clark. Fess Hawkins.
I’m going big. Guards are boring.

Honestly, I have no clue what this TBT thing is... But I am all for it! I am sure there are some restrictions on who can be on the team.... So I'll not offer any guesses on who should be included, outside of Deron Williams being the #1 pick.....

Honestly, I have no clue what this TBT thing is... But I am all for it! I am sure there are some restrictions on who can be on the team.... So I'll not offer any guesses on who should be included, outside of Deron Williams being the #1 pick.....
KIWANNE GARRIS

It is The Basketball Tournament, and a lot of the teams consist primarily of alums from a particular school. Last year I believe the winner was a team of mostly Ohio St. players (plus as someone pointed out McCamey). I think a Syracuse team won it one year.
As for restrictions, I’m not entirely sure but the players should be young enough to still play basketball at a fairly high level. For example, some of those on the OSU team roster last year were:

William Buford/30/2016 last time played at highest level
Aaron Craft/29/2016
Jon Diebler/31/2017
Jeff Gibbs/39/2019 — Otterbein
Dallas Lauderdale/31/2017
David Lighty/31/2012
Demetri McCamey/31/2016
Courtney Pigram/34/2016 — E. TN St

So I’m not sure some of those mentioned would be the best choices.