Illinois Alumni Team in TBT

Heck, if McCamey was on the winning team last year, don't you have to include him on our team?

If really interested, good chance the majority of an Illini TBT would be found on this website here (assuming I did link correctly) — likely 35 or under and active professionally within past 5 years. If that link didn’t work, website is usbasket.com

sacraig

The desert
I was serious... No? why’s that?

He's a guy who did an exceptionally poor job of representing the university. Ignore the fact that he left early in an incredibly ill-advised way. That's not a reason to not like someone. However, everything that happened after was a disgrace.

He's a guy who did an exceptionally poor job of representing the university. Ignore the fact that he left early in an incredibly ill-advised way. That's not a reason to not like someone. However, everything that happened after was a disgrace.
Other players have done WAY worse than him while wearing the orange and blue. He never got arrested while on the Illini.
He left on his own terms. Yeah it was ill advised! He had zero guidance. Especially after he left. The kid was 19 when he got in trouble AFTER he left school. He lost out on his NBA dream and went to jail for his mistake. He’s paid a heavy price. He’s since redeemed himself and is still playing. Weber and the program knew he was a troubled young man coming in and so the way I see it Weber failed him just as much.

Feliz
BP3
DJ
Rice
Malcolm
Black
Egwu
Perhaps Mav Morgan

I think that being relatively young is a huge advantage here, and you need guards/forwards who can drain the three as well. Between Black, Egwu, and Morgan I think you could get enough boards and post defense to be competitive. I would love Deron on there but unsure what his fitness regiment is like these days.

Lol I love the conversation honestly. But It’s funny people forget Luther head, Rich McBride, Aaron Spears (potential Sean May stopper😩) got arrested while on the team and were charges away from facing possible jailtime. Magically they weren’t filed 2003 (things were a lot different even back then). Spears at 6’10 250 transfers to St. Johns. Head and McBride suspended then welcomed back. Imagine if all were kicked off? Which would be protocol in today’s NCAA. Also even Frank Williams has been in trouble after his career in more recent years. In all seriousness why does it matter? They don’t belong to any corporations anymore. These Alumni don’t owe anyone anything. I’m sure some could use the cash prize. Once an Illini always Illini. (Not Mark Smith he’s still in school, and its Mizzou so that is very irrelevant)

Lol I love the conversation honestly. But It’s funny people forget Luther head, Rich McBride, Aaron Spears (potential Sean May stopper😩) got arrested while on the team and were charges away from facing possible jailtime. Magically they weren’t filed 2003 (things were a lot different even back then). Spears at 6’10 250 transfers to St. Johns. Head and McBride suspended then welcomed back. Imagine if all were kicked off? Which would be protocol in today’s NCAA. Also even Frank Williams has been in trouble after his career in more recent years. In all seriousness why does it matter? They don’t belong to any corporations anymore. These Alumni don’t owe anyone anything. I’m sure some could use the cash prize. Once an Illini always Illini. (Not Mark Smith he’s still in school, and its Mizzou so that is very irrelevant)
I agree with the part about disciplinary standards being very different from 20 years ago.

But Darius Paul? He didn't play a single game for Illinois.