Illinois Alumni Team in TBT

Our team should be arriving at the Columbus bubble today - the TBT media guy Jake Pavorsky was on Tay and Piper a couple weeks ago and said teams arrive 5 days before their first game- which in our case is today. Today is also the last day for us to make roster additions, so I assume we’re done adding but if there’s anything more it’ll be today.

There are some really good teams in the tourney. It’s going to be a battle. I’m just hoping we beat Auburn so we can advance to round 2 and face OSU/McCamey. Trey Burke got signed by the Mavs a few days ago, so that should add to McCamey‘s usage. I’d really like to see Feliz hound McCamey and Aaron Craft.
COULD NOT AGREE MORE!

Not certain how up do date this is, but in perusing the roster on the official website, it appears that Cameron Liss has replaced Mooney. If seems, due to the fact that all other reported roster additions/subtractions reported on this site in the last couple of days are current, that this is the final move prior to the game. It may have been necessitated by the requirement for official alumni status,, but that is just wondering thought....who knows. Anyone know the facts for certain?

haasi

New York
Not certain how up do date this is, but in perusing the roster on the official website, it appears that Cameron Liss has replaced Mooney. If seems, due to the fact that all other reported roster additions/subtractions reported on this site in the last couple of days are current, that this is the final move prior to the game. It may have been necessitated by the requirement for official alumni status,, but that is just wondering thought....who knows. Anyone know the facts for certain?
Yes Mooney dropped out, apparently due to the fact that he’s on a two way nba deal. bad news. I was so looking forward to this but I have a feeling that our roster doesn’t have the firepower it needs to make a run. Hoping otherwise. we still have m talent - hill, Garrett, Daum, Feliz, black, Egwu are all good pieces. Vinales maybe good too, I don’t know.

BP3 apparently decided he wanted another team because he wanted the best chance to win. Ouch. If we’d gotten him, rice and mccamey, I’d be super amped right now about our prospects.

Former Texas Tech guard Matt Mooney also looked to be a big add, but his two-way contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers kept him from participating.

Paul turned down an offer from House of Paign to join Team Hines, who advanced to the semifinals last year.

“I basically approached it from a business standpoint,” Paul said. “I would love to play for an Illinois alum team, but unfortunately… I told myself I would only play for a team that I thought would give myself the best chance to win.”

https://247sports.com/college/illin...ke-Daum-Billy-Garrett-Kyle-Vinales-148792017/

drsmitty74

Rochester
Yes Mooney dropped out, apparently due to the fact that he’s on a two way nba deal. bad news. I was so looking forward to this but I have a feeling that our roster doesn’t have the firepower it needs to make a run. Hoping otherwise. we still have m talent - hill, Garrett, Daum, Feliz, black, Egwu are all good pieces. Vinales maybe good too, I don’t know.

BP3 apparently decided he wanted another team because he wanted the best chance to win. Ouch. If we’d gotten him, rice and mccamey, I’d be super amped right now about our prospects.

https://247sports.com/college/illin...ke-Daum-Billy-Garrett-Kyle-Vinales-148792017/

Honestly, I hope that team gets trounced. I wish no basketball luck to BP3 or DMc now. Actually that BP3 comment pisses me off a little.

chrisRunner7

Spokane, WA
What a bummer about Mooney. I was hoping it was some kind of mix-up that he wasn't listed on the roster anymore. Still excited to tune in today and root on some former Illini.

Watching the first game right now. I watched parts of a couple of games last year to see if worth going to agame since I live in Columbus Quality is about what I remember — ehhhhh. Kind of like watching a G league game. If this was a normal sports year, I wouldn’t watch any game that Illini weren’t in.

Love BP3 and Meechie, but they can seriously get bent. BP3 saying he wants a chance to win is just a slap in the face to those guys and wasn’t something that he should’ve even thought about saying.
That's too harsh. I just hope House of 'Paign does well and is back every year. Success will have people lining up to play for them.