Illinois Alumni Team in TBT

haasi

New York
Fun game!!

Wednesday 4pm eastern vs Carmens Crew. Gonna have to bring all our guns.

Loved watching this group play again. Pretty much the guys that were expected to do big things did. Surprised Leron did not contribute more, but Hill, Feliz, Egwu, and Daum were really good. No wonder BU was after Daum as a grad transfer. Would have loved to have seen Paul and Demitri on this team but maybe next year, we will see. Don’t know if there is enough depth to beat Carmen’s but we will find out shortly. One thing for sure I expect thousands of Illini fans to be watching. I will give them a pass tonight but not the next game.

Not sure why DJ Rich or Rayvonte didn’t play on this team? Also, Feliz is going to get some money playing somewhere I can tell you that much! Dude is a stud.

What I really like about this team is that they all know their roles. It’s not like an All-Star game or a street ball game, there is a huge payout if PAIGN plays Hard and to their strengths...meaning… look for Daum first and work your tail off on defense.

Not sure why DJ Rich or Rayvonte didn’t play on this team? Also, Feliz is going to get some money playing somewhere I can tell you that much! Dude is a stud.
Rice got a call to play for an NBA or G League team. Not sure which but it was posted here or another site I read.

Good chance to see the what ifs...What if Mike Daum transfered to Illinois and what if Billy Garrett followed Malcolm and Kendrick to Illinois. He would of been a better pg than what we had during those years.

We love no other, so let our motto be....

Un96YhI.gif

Good chance to see the what ifs...What if Mike Daum transfered to Illinois and what if Billy Garrett followed Malcolm and Kendrick to Illinois. He would of been a better pg than what we had during those years.
Is it too late? We could use Daum next year. Kofi, Daum, Ayo, Trent, and Adam wouldn’t be too bad.

I was so conflicted through out the game...I dislike dakich but loved when he gave the Illini props....ears were burning

I get a kick out of the recruiting/Illini pundits who during and after the game were saying things like fans need to realize how much Illini will miss Feliz. Ummmm, fans realize and this isn’t some kind of hot take.

Was nice to see Illini win. I did find it interesting that a non-Illini player was a huge part of victory. Reminds one that during the recent Illinois drought they’ve too often been a consistent scorer away from being a much better team. Hopefully with the influx of talent BU and company are bringing in that becomes a problem of the past.

altenberger22

South Carolina
Agreed. We need a stellar outside shooter year-in and year-out. Hoping that perhaps Hutcherson/Miller/Goode can fill that role over the next 2-3 years.