Illinois Alumni Team in TBT

House of 'Paign vs Carmen's Crew
3:00pm CT
ESPN

I don't think we will win, but I don't think it will be a blowout either. I think there are two advantages we have here that we need to exploit to win. One, we are younger (so utilize this). Second, we seem to be very hungry to win. I think our lack of shooting outside of Daum/Hill is a concern though. I look at Carmen's roster and see a 32 year old Lightsy, a 30 year old Buford/Craft, a 31 year old McCamey that has not played in a year, etc.. We are a tough nosed team like they are and I expect that team to prevail, but I am just excited to see toughness of a team started by Feliz. One of my favorite Illini ever based on toughness, likeability, etc....

I don't think we will win, but I don't think it will be a blowout either. I think there are two advantages we have here that we need to exploit to win. One, we are younger (so utilize this). Second, we seem to be very hungry to win. I think our lack of shooting outside of Daum/Hill is a concern though. I look at Carmen's roster and see a 32 year old Lightsy, a 30 year old Buford/Craft, a 31 year old McCamey that has not played in a year, etc.. We are a tough nosed team like they are and I expect that team to prevail, but I am just excited to see toughness of a team started by Feliz. One of my favorite Illini ever based on toughness, likeability, etc....

House of Paign can win, but they'er going to need more from Finke and Egwu, and more efficient play from Garret and Vinales.

House of Paign can win, but they'er going to need more from Finke and Egwu, and more efficient play from Garret and Vinales.

I definitely agree that one of either Garrett, Vinales, Finke need to make some shots (I don't think Egwu has ever been a force offensively) . I'm picking Garrett to make some more plays, but Ohio State has two defensive players in Lightsy/Craft that are extremely tough and will cause problems. Use the other mismatches out there - Garrett/Vinales will be key to that as I don't think Finke is much other than spot shooter. Defensively, I like the pressure we have and like our team defensively. I will say in spots and other than Buford, I wonder about Craft's, McCamey's, and Lightsy's shot? McCamey's % is not great recently. Maybe a zone and box and one occassionally (not much) to provide a different look and force them to be shooters instead of creators and set up for Buford. It is hard to put a good zone d though on a short notice.

It would be cool to see a lineup of Garrett, Hill, Finke, Daum and Egwu in a zone. Lots of height and length to cover the floor and 3 good shooters for offense.

But it’s a weird lineup so I doubt we’ll see it.

haasi

New York
Egwu still great defensively. Hands are still an issue on offense. Hoping that our players recognize not to give him tough passes rolling to the basket- not his strong point and results in turnovers.

haasi

New York
Garrett killing us. MLT needs to rein him in - He needs to work the ball around early in the shot clock instead of shooting unless he’s wide open.

If we lose because of Garrett, it'll be very disappointing.

I liked that live ball less than 3 seconds left out of bounds play that we ended the quarter with.

haasi

New York
Dumb reach by leron on diebler but wasn’t actually clear to me that he touched him.

Good quarter. Got to keep them in check and keep the heat on. Good contributions from many so far- Feliz, daum, egwu, some good minutes from black eating up rebounds, nice three by Vinales.

Overheard sullinger yell that they need to attack black on defense.