Illinois Alumni Team in TBT

Well not a great result today, but was fun watching the 3 games. My favorite “analysis” was a tweet by Kedric Prince saying if they had another quality big and two more great shooters they could win it all. Hmmmmm you think.

Certainly was fun watching these guys play and I will offer my personal thanks for their efforts. Yes, the roster needs to be full of capable contributors in order to win it all. It was surprising and disappointing to see Leron not ready to play but he was far from the only player in the field who had to fill in as well as possible....and he would not back down if LaTulip felt he was needed. Younger players who are in shape and can play hard, especially if they have played together, have a leg up in this event. Big names we would like to see again?...not so much. The Red Scare, if you watched closely, really knew what they were doing on the defensive end....they will be a tough out against anyone.

They should do a closing video of the tournament like they do for the ncaa tourney. Can't recall the song they use.

Edit-One shining moment

After reflecting on the short bench that hurt us in the TBT, I was thinking about other Illini Alums who could help next year.
Tracy Abrams?
Mike Davis?
Billy Cole?
Ray Rice(who was committed this year but dropped off the roster)?
Brandon Paul?
Maverick Morgan?
Tyler Griffey?

Great run. Proud of these guys. Very fun to watch. A couple pieces short. Would love to see MLT put together a contender next year.

If Daum, Feliz, Hill and Egwu return and MLT can convince McCamey and Paul to play on his team they'd be set. Maybe add in Trent Frazier?

Kipper could of helped them this year. Believe Maverick is not playing theses days. In condition Black would have been best asset.

Daum could very likely be on an NBA roster next summer. Would hate to lose him for TBT, but I would also be extremely happy for him.

he’s not an alum right? I selfishly hope he rides the edge of nba greatness but instead returns to TBT for a few more years. If he was an illini alum I’d want him in the association.

After reflecting on the short bench that hurt us in the TBT, I was thinking about other Illini Alums who could help next year.
Tracy Abrams?
Mike Davis?
Billy Cole?
Ray Rice(who was committed this year but dropped off the roster)?
Brandon Paul?
Maverick Morgan?
Tyler Griffey?

I think we could have been a semi-final team this year had Mooney and Rice stuck around. Vinales was solid, but I'd take those two in place of him and Billy Garret Jr. any day. Moving forward though, I'd try real hard to convince Brandon Paul to join us next year. I think we also could use an athletic piece in the front court, probably an overseas guy.

Always Illini, Always.....even let Daum in the group. Nice to see!!

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 11.08.37 AM.png

altenberger22

South Carolina
Always Illini, Always.....even let Daum in the group. Nice to see!!

View attachment 6190
So I want to know how this picture came about. I can only assume........

FHCJG drove from Akron to Columbus to watch the Elite 8 game. The guys agreed to meet at a local sports bar once House of Paign got eliminated. The 1-hour Covid tests were inherently available to all (including Coach Groce) at the TBT site. Masks were removed at the sports bar when the drinks arrived, and someone said, "Hey let's get a group pic!"

THIS IS A GREAT PICTURE!