Pregame: Illinois at Iowa, Saturday, November 23rd, 11:00am CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

illini80

Forgottonia
I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t at least come out HUNGRY for revenge ... I drove from Iowa City (3.5 hrs.) to watch that NIGHTMARE last year, and I’m driving back to Iowa City this year.

Revenge needs to be on everyone’s mind every minute of Saturday.
Lovie talked about that in Tuesday night on the radio. He was asked about keeping the motivation high after becoming bowl eligible. His paraphrased answer was “Do you remember the Iowa game last year? We do too. Do you remember the Northwestern game last year? We do too. We have plenty to play for.”

Deleted member 654622

D
Lovie talked about that in Tuesday night on the radio. He was asked about keeping the motivation high after becoming bowl eligible. His paraphrased answer was “Do you remember the Iowa game last year? We do too. Do you remember the Northwestern game last year? We do too. We have plenty to play for.”
i-love-it.gif

breadman

Herndon, VA

And to finish off the quote from the maestro himself: "It's just that simple".
And it is!
I have brought this perspective up before.
These guys better remember last year's games for putting that chip on their shoulders for this year's games.
Go get'em!!

Remember the fake punt ran by Ferentz up 4 or 5 tds.

Deleted member 645583

D
I love this forum! Keep it genteel, everybody! Thanks, Dan.

I know it's way too early, but this is my Xmas wish list: lower my Comcast rates; world peace; Illini finish regular season 8-4!

Not necessarily in that order, surely.

And stop calling me Shirley!

P.S, I love ! points! No Illini football today? Bummer.

Last edited by a moderator:

APS iMBA

Urbana, IL
Dang Iowa looks tough. Just handed Minnesota their first loss...

I heard the entire IA-MN game on the radio (thanks to the Illini not playing this weekend)(yes, the entire game + half time)(imagine that, what a withdrawal in the absence of an IL game)(I am donating to the IA farmers).

I happen to think the Illini can win.

IL: 35
IA: 14

My takeaway from Minnesota @ Iowa is that the "patties" of this conference (PSU, Mich., Wisc., Minn., and Iowa) are all just okay. From my armchair, the only team head and shoulders above the rest of the conference is Ohio St. and MSU is probably the closest peer the Illini have.

We got destroyed in Minneapolis. Michigan ultimately got the best of us despite a strong 3rd quarter, but we did beat Wisconsin and put pulled off the 4th quarter comeback at MSU. If the team arrives in Iowa ready for a bloodbath, I think we can get this W.

So Iowa runs the ball, plays good defense and doesn’t turn it over just like every year right?

Anything different or special about them this year

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Iowa sounds a lot like Wiscy. They also were a team priding themselves on defense, run game, and ball control. Granted, they had to play at our place, but I think our humiliation and hunger after 63-0 makes that a wash. If we can hang with them like with Wiscy we can win this.

Iowa sounds a lot like Wiscy. They also were a team priding themselves on defense, run game, and ball control. Granted, they had to play at our place, but I think our humiliation and hunger after 63-0 makes that a wash. If we can hang with them like with Wiscy we can win this.

Agree but with one obvious difference: This game isn’t at Memorial. We have to play them in their house. And they are really, really, REALLY tough to beat in their house.

Checked the Iowa rivals boards. They seem to think they're going to blow us out.

Checked the Iowa rivals boards. They seem to think they're going to blow us out.
Blow out may be a bit of a strong term. I think they'll win handily...following the script of the game at Minny.

Seeing 38-14 bad guys.

Iowa is a play here or there from having a pretty special season. They're legitimately good. I think it will be competitive early, but they'll wear us down late. We'll then wrap the season up with a four TD win over NW.

Yeah, I’m with Hoping here. I want us to win, and I think in the world of crazy Illini football things that have been happening this year, we certainly can win, but I just don’t see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.