Football Coaching Staff / Coaching Carousel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the national

the Front Range
Where do you see Brohm to O.State ?
I think one of the Purdue beat writers said something about how he was holding out for the bigger job and implied that might be OSU. I can’t find the tweet at the moment.

Don't really expect anything to heat up until mid December. That's usually when the hiring cycle starts. Lovie is even quoted saying "talk to me in a month."

The real reason is, bowl game season has not played out yet. The people you want to hire are on teams that have bowl games yet to play.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Brohm isn't going to OSU. Ohio State would look at promoting Schiano or reaching out to Luke Fickell (and a multitude of other high level coaches) before they'd consider Brohm (if they would at all).

Snyder decision coming this afternoon at K-State. Still unclear what decision he has made but should be made known later today

Mike McCarthy just got fired by the Packers. I wonder if any assistants have any connections to Lovie or Whitman.
Obviously the Zooker has connections to the Illini.

Last edited:

Deleted member 746094

D
I just don’t see Fitzgerald ever leaving NW. For any job at any level. The dude has earned so much job security and if he keeps winning they will keep finding the funds to pay him and improve the program. JMO.

Your not wrong, but maybe he thinks they've peaked, expectations are higher now with new practice facility, he can probably get the job back if he flames out in the NFL. Frankly I want to see it happen as a Bears/Illinois fan

I'm sure I could look myself but was the DC job posted as soon as Hardy resigned? Or was it only posted as soon as the season ended? I hope we don't have to go through any big waiting period because of the whole "state employee" thing. But if we're targeting someone who's still coaching maybe the waiting period is moot anyway?

I just don’t see Fitzgerald ever leaving NW. For any job at any level. The dude has earned so much job security and if he keeps winning they will keep finding the funds to pay him and improve the program. JMO.
Not exactly disagreeing, but the pull of money is bigger than most want to admit. Last I could find, Fitz was making 4m. McCarthy was at 6m. Gruden is somehow making 10m, and I'm sure Bill's making more in New England. Not saying the Pack are gonna just step up and pay the man more than 6m, but if they think their rosters worth it, why not double his salary? Sure, it would probably put him top 3 in the NFL, but if he's their guy, the NFL is flush enough to afford it. I doubt NW could match.

Anything on Kingsbury? USC people are convinced he took their OC job, but now theres rumors he may join the LA Rams...

Lotta fake news coming out of the west coast..
his job offer from the rams was just for the end of this season i believe....he is getting a lot of interest for numerous OC jobs in college and the NFL as well as some head coaching interest.

Meyer to retire AFTER Rose Bowl
I find the apparent Ryan Day hiring a little strange. In house, sure he's their best option, but it seems a little too copy cat of the Lincoln Riley hire instead of getting a proven coach (not that I can really think of a name off the top of my head).

I find the apparent Ryan Day hiring a little strange. In house, sure he's their best option, but it seems a little too copy cat of the Lincoln Riley hire instead of getting a proven coach (not that I can really think of a name off the top of my head).
Some NFL teams wanted Day as an OC this last season. Very well respected and hot commodity among coaching circles. He is viewed as an up and coming star in the coaching profession.

Some NFL teams wanted Day as an OC this last season. Very well respected and hot commodity among coaching circles. He is viewed as an up and coming star in the coaching profession.
But OSU a top 5 coaching job in the NCAA, maybe top 3 if you factor in how hard it is to make the CFP in the SEC. Just seems to me like OSU could pull a bigger, safer name.

Of course its extremely appealing if this 39 y.o. works out and you have him for 20+ years at the helm. But for a program of OSU's current and past status, a safer option seems like the play to me here. I guess you could also view it as they would certainly lose him if they went in another direction and might have only kept him promising him HC once Urban "retired".

Urban Meyer is retiring because of health reasons. My guess is that he wants to stay active with the program (and keep his class together). Ryan Day would likely provide him that opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.