Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. Well for now and for my happiness I'm going to pretend like every top insate kid has Illinois in the lead and wants to come here =]

The fact remains that every top school in the country will probably be offering him.

Every top school in the country puts RBs in the NFL (as well as other positions).
This. Can't blame the kid for looking into the elite schools around the nation.

Naperville
Don't jump my case, but I'm not surprised that Tuley-Tillman isn't on there.

I do think he'll crack the 250 (albeit probably toward 250), but not a top 100.

I think Bailey falls in somewhere in the low 100's.
Allen Trieu of Scout.com thought Logan could make the Scout Top 300, which would make him a 4 Star recruit on their site.

I honestly would have been shocked to see Logan in the top 100. No offense to the kid, but he didn't even make the Peoria Journal Star All-Area team, meaning that they didn't think he was one of the top 5 Offensive Linemen in the Peoria area in 2011.

There are way too many offers on the table for him not to be considered a top prospect, but I'd have to imagine that a lot of the offers he's received in the past month are due to his highlight film and reputation. Once Michigan offered, the flood gates really began to open up.

Fair enough. But for the whole conference to have the leading receiver at 25 catches is terrible.
Josh Augusta is the real deal played against us past 2 years and would be a great recruit. Keep in mind 25 receptions in 5 conference games, in a run first conference is not as bad as you make it out to be. His defense and blocking stood out as exceptional, plus his size stood out too!

Hamilton County, IN
Josh Augusta is the real deal played against us past 2 years and would be a great recruit. Keep in mind 25 receptions in 5 conference games, in a run first conference is not as bad as you make it out to be. His defense and blocking stood out as exceptional, plus his size stood out too!
I'm not knocking the kid! Love Augusta! Totally want him in O & B! Just need that high school conference to turn to 2012!! :D

Hamilton County, IN
I know they were not all Illinois kids, but Pierre Thomas, Martin O'Donnell, Kevin Mitchell, Chris Norwell, J. Leman, Kelvin Hayden and Alan Ball turned out pretty well.
1st Alan Ball is from Detroit. 2nd you just listed 7 guys out of about 400 players from the years you mentioned earlier.

1st Alan Ball is from Detroit. 2nd you just listed 7 guys out of about 400 players from the years you mentioned earlier.
Please re-read my post, I said they were not all from Illinois. I was responding to GHD's reference to the year 2003. He was referencing that year (2003) because it had 14 kids from Illinois, which was the most from the years listed.

I know they were not all Illinois kids, but Pierre Thomas, Martin O'Donnell, Kevin Mitchell, Chris Norwell, J. Leman, Kelvin Hayden and Alan Ball turned out pretty well.
So maybe if we had recruited half a dozen guys from Illinois instead of 14 the program wouldn't have spiraled down the toilet.

Graham is stayin out of his recruitment
Not too surprising there. Some guys just don't want to be seen as following in the footsteps of family members. They want to do there own thing.

I'm probably getting ahead of myself here, since he hasn't actually committed anywhere yet, and there's still quite a ways to go until he signs.

Cincinnati, OH
QB:
Matt Alviti (IL -
)
Offers from NW, Notre Dame, BC, Indiana, Michigan State, and Purdue

Aaron Bailey (IL -
)
Offers from Boston College, Colorado St., Indiana, Iowa, Minny, NIU, NW, Notre Dame, and Purdue

Jarrett Solomon (NV) Offers from Arizona, ASU, Colorado, UCLA, and UNLV

Malik Zaire (OH) Offers from Boston College, Cincinnati, Indiana, Nebraska, NW, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, and Wisconsin

Devante Kincade (TX) Offers from Colorado and Kansas State

RB:
Ty Isaac (IL -
) 18th Overall/2nd RB on Rivals
Offers from Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ole Miss, NW, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Purdue, Toledo, USC, Vanderbilt, and Wisconsin

Greg Bryant Jr. (FL -
) 23rd Overall/4th RB on Rivals
Offers from Alabama, Auburn, Bowling Green, Clemson, UConn, Duke, Florida, FIU, Florida St., Georgia, LSU, Marshall, Michigan St., Minnesota, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, USF, Syracuse, USC, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, and West Virginia

Taquan Mizzell (VA -
) 87th Overall/8th RB on Rivals
Offers from BC, UConn, East Carolina, NCSU, Purdue, Vanderbilt, Virginia, and Virginia Tech

Tarean Folston (FL -
)
Offers from BC, Cincinnati, Florida, Kentucky, Lousville, and Vanderbilt

Adam Taylor (TX -
)
Offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, LSU, NW, Oklahoma State, Stanford, and Wisconsin

Quinten James (GA) Offers from Arkansas State, Kentucky, and Purdue

Aregeros Turner (OH) Offers from Tennessee

Ezekiel Elliott (MO) Offers from Arkansas, Iowa, and Nebraska

WR:
Laquon Treadwell (IL -
) 31st Overall/5th WR on Rivals
Offers from Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio State, USC, and Vanderbilt

James Quick (KY -
)
Offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, and Tennessee

Corey Smith (MS - JUCO) Offers from Akron, Alabama, Ball St., UConn, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Miami (OH), North Carolina, Penn State, Tennessee, Toledo, Vanderbilt, and West Virginia

Jordon Cunningham (FL) Offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, BC, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Louisville, Miami, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Purdue, Rutgers, USF, Stanford, Syracuse, TT, UCF, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, West Virginia, and Wisconsin

Rob Wheelwright (OH) Offers from BC, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Syracuse, and Wisconsin

TE:
Jake Butt (OH -
) 96th Overall/4th TE on Rivals
Offers from BC, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Duke, Indiana, Iowa, Kent State, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, NW, Purdue, Stanford, Syracuse, Tennessee, Toledo, and UCLA (Possibly a DE**)

Jacob Matuska (OH) Offers from Cincinnati, NCSU, and Toledo

OT:
Ethan Pocic (IL -
) 27th Overall/3rd OL on Rivals
Offers from Arizona, Arkansas, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Purdue, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Wisconsin

Kyle Bosch (IL -
) 60th Overall/9th OL on Rivals
Offers from Alabama, Arizona, BC, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ole Miss, Nebraska, NW, Notre Dame, Purdue, Stanford, Tennessee, and West Virginia

Evan Lisle (OH -
) 83rd Overall/11th OL on Rivals
Offers from BC, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Miami, Michigan, Oklahoma, and West Virginia

Lovell Peterson (OH -
)
No other offers

Logan Tuley-Tillman (IL) Offers from Alabama, Arkansas, BC, Florida State, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Michigan, Missouri, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Purdue, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Wisconsin

Joe Fennell (FL) Offers from BC, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Indiana, Iowa State, Kentucky, Miami, USF, and West Virginia

Colin McGovern (IL) Offers from NW, Tennessee, and Wisconsin

OG:
Colin Goebel (IL) Offers from EMU, Iowa, Ole Miss, NIU, and Toledo

DE:
Jordan Sherit (FL -
) 76th Overall/8th DE on Rivals
Offers from Arizona, Auburn, Cincinnati, UCONN, Duke, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Miami, Purdue, South Carolina, USF, UCF, and Vanderbilt

Elijah Daniel (IN -
)
Offers from Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisville, Marshall, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Purdue, USF, and Tennessee

Jason Hatcher (KY -
)
Offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, North Carolina, NCSU, NW, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Tennessee

Taco Charlton (OH) Offers from Cincinnati, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Syracuse, and UCLA

Matt Miller (OH) Offers from Cincinnati and Toledo

Landon Stokes (FL) Offers from UConn, Ole Miss, NCSU, Syracuse, Troy, and Vanderbilt

DT:
Donovan Munger (OH) Offers from Akron, Auburn, Bowling Green, Duke, Indiana, Kent St., Minnesota, Toledo, and West Virginia

Herbert Moore (TN) Offers from Clemson, North Carolina, and Vanderbilt

LB:
Mike McCray (OH -
) 44th Overall/9th LB on Rivals
Offers from BC, Kentucky, Michigan, Oklahoma, Penn State, Purdue, Syracuse, Tennessee, Toledo, and Virginia

Larenz Bryant (NC -
) 95th Overall/15th LB on Rivals
Offers from Clemson, Duke, East Carolina, Georgia, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and Virginia Tech

Shane Jones (OH) Offers from Cincinnati, Indiana, and Michigan

Jeremy Benjamin (FL) No other offers

CB:
Ryan White (KY) Offers from Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisville, and Michigan

Tyler Head (GA) No other offers

S:
Leon McQuay III (FL -
) 32nd Overall/7th DB on Rivals
High interest/offers in Florida, Florida State, Notre Dame, USF, and Vanderbilt

Jalen Banks (IL) Offers from Indiana, NW, Vanderbilt, and WMU

Antonio Allen (IN) Offers from Cincinnati, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, and Purdue

Jayme Thompson (OH) Committed to West Virginia. Offers from Bowling Green, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Nebraska, and Notre Dame

Marcus McWilson (OH) Offers from Indiana, Michigan State, Nebraska, and Youngstown State

Brooks Ellis (AR) Offers from Arkansas and Tulsa

Note: I have added all updated Rivals' rankings as well as offers to. For consistency I will only put up offers that have been confirmed on Rivals or Scout. For the time being all add-ons will show up orange until the listed is updated. I even added the star graphic for everyone that loves their
! :)

Man...outstanding work!
+1

Trust me, it will get overbearing though soon!

Haha I was doing this with quhawks for a bit last season until it got to be too much, luckily you kept it up for as long as you did!

I love seeing all the offers and such, but a word of advice. After awhile it will become too much to keep up with I am guessing, so might make more sense to focus on just the players with offers from Illinois eventually.

Cincinnati, OH
+1

I love seeing all the offers and such, but a word of advice. After awhile it will become too much to keep up with I am guessing, so might make more sense to focus on just the players with offers from Illinois eventually.

Definitely had that thought when I finished the update. I'm guessing the next time I update this I will drop all of the offer lists, which I think will shorten the list up and become more manageable.

Even with Graham probably recruiting him hard to Illinois?
in alot of families, the younger brother wants no part of the scene where is older bro is. I can certainly understand it in many instances.

Besides, how do we even know that deep down Graham is happy with his decision to come to Illinois.

Our best recruiting tactic with the in state boys is the 2 or 2.5 hour drive to campus. Family and friends can easily watch them play & stay involved in their progress.

in alot of families, the younger brother wants no part of the scene where is older bro is. I can certainly understand it in many instances.

Besides, how do we even know that deep down Graham is happy with his decision to come to Illinois.

Our best recruiting tactic with the in state boys is the 2 or 2.5 hour drive to campus. Family and friends can easily watch them play & stay involved in their progress.
That happened with Ryan Ward this year. Ryan was a 4 star recruit with offers from pretty much all the big ten. His brother plays at Northwestern so everyone thought thy would land him. But Ryan just signed with Iowa. So who knows.

We are WAY behind already on Tulley-Tillman. To the point where the last handful of articles on him he does not even mention Illinois. So we have some serious ground to make up there.
My girlfriend is Logan's cousin. No question Illinois has work to do. Michigan is in the lead right now. But, Illinois is on his mind and he grew up an illini fan. I would be surprised if they are not on his final list. He is a good kid with a good head on his shoulders, who ever gets him is getting a special one.

That happened with Ryan Ward this year. Ryan was a 4 star recruit with offers from pretty much all the big ten. His brother plays at Northwestern so everyone thought thy would land him. But Ryan just signed with Iowa. So who knows.
The thing that always bothered me about the Ward brothers, is that their Dad played at Illinois.

My girlfriend is Logan's cousin. No question Illinois has work to do. Michigan is in the lead right now. But, Illinois is on his mind and he grew up an illini fan. I would be surprised if they are not on his final list. He is a good kid with a good head on his shoulders, who ever gets him is getting a special one.
Good thing we have a whole year to work on him then. Lots of time to let it play out. I think we have a chance. As someone here said earlier, our best bet is to play the "close to home" card.

Meanwhile, over on the scout board, ThaKid is whining about him looking at other schools if he's an Illinois fan and the rest of them are panicking because he wore a Michigan sweatshirt the other day. Sigh...

Good thing we have a whole year to work on him then. Lots of time to let it play out. I think we have a chance. As someone here said earlier, our best bet is to play the "close to home" card.

Meanwhile, over on the scout board, ThaKid is whining about him looking at other schools if he's an Illinois fan and the rest of them are panicking because he wore a Michigan sweatshirt the other day. Sigh...
Well he has been to Michigan several times. The close to home card is only going to do so much. He doesn't really care about distance. Although in the end my GF feels Bama will be too far. I would love for him to go to Illinois, but its his call not mine. I support him in whatever he does. But I do continue to sway him away from ND as best I can.

Well he has been to Michigan several times. The close to home card is only going to do so much. He doesn't really care about distance. Although in the end my GF feels Bama will be too far. I would love for him to go to Illinois, but its his call not mine. I support him in whatever he does. But I do continue to sway him away from ND as best I can.
He's been here a couple of times too, which is good. Guess we'll see how it all goes.

Seems like this year we have more early instate momentum compared to last year. Last year, guys like Schutt and Ward never seemed very interested. This year has been a bit better it seems. Hopefully the new coaches can keep it up.

The thing that always bothered me about the Ward brothers, is that their Dad played at Illinois.
yea, but not only has the school changed, in many respects from the place it was in the 80's, other than 2001 & 2007, we have flat out stunk just about every year since the old man played.

Do you really wonder why those boys lost their love for Dads school? My bet is pops got dissed by one or more of our coaches or staff the last 20 years and he said "enough".

I dont know claim any inside knowledge in this case, but the UI that I attended is a much different place, better in some respects, worse in others. Its just alot different than before. From what I have heard from people my age who went to UI, and now have a kid at Iowa, Iowa today is alot like UI was 30 years ago.

That might explain it for the younger Ward. And from New Lenox , which is right on I-80, Iowa is 3 hours away.

Status
Not open for further replies.