Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,427      
Czr3Vg2WEAERBR6.jpg

I-L-L-I-N-I! The columns are even hotter! #WEWILLWIN #LOV17 pic.twitter.com/NOxyVGsuzA
0 replies 2 retweets 3 likes

https://twitter.com/kta1927

Does this mean another on the way?

#2,431      
Names people! We need names! This is my first recruiting cycle as a poster and actually caring about football. This is an exciting time

#2,432      
Also, can someone tell me what Phillips brings to the table other than obvious speed and athleticism? I don't know football enough to see technical aspects and understand what he's good at. What will he need to work on as well?

#2,433      
Names people! We need names! This is my first recruiting cycle as a poster and actually caring about football. This is an exciting time

Pure guess but QB Estes flipping from Mizzou to Illinois. Perhaps one of his teammates too. Would provide further context to Ward's tweets tonight.

#2,435      

BigStan97

Cincinnati OH
To anyone that has insight on if we have another commitment tonight but can't say anything until it's released.

Just answer this question.

Can I go to bed now? Or is their something I need to stay up for???

#2,436      

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
To anyone that has insight on if we have another commitment tonight but can't say anything until it's released.

Go to bed. If you wake up to a commitment it will be like Christmas came early!:thumb:

#2,444      

Deleted member 29907

D

Sure, but beware, you will be visited by three ghosts tonight... You will know the first one has arrived by the smell of lasagne.

#2,445      
If the ghost smells like lasagna and chewing tobacco it must be the ghost of season's past.

#2,447      
Love our recruiting successes, but this comment makes me rather sad.

Woohoo -- 11th best class in Big Ten!

We are the perceived leaders for a lot of guys though, and if we can close, that ranking should go way up. Our potential to move up is greater than anyone's in the conference, but yeah, we are still Illinois.

#2,448      

This news is more comparable to saying the Illini have come back in the third quarter from a big halftime deficit and with the momentum can win (the division) in the fourth quarter.

#2,449      

MoIlliniMoProblems

St. Louis, MO

Because of the quantity of numbers, we are 11th. The positive sign, I think, is the average recruit rating of 0.8487. That's the highest we've ever had, according to the 247 database. Talent upgrade.

#2,450      

bredhartmann

Centralia, IL
Because of the quantity of numbers, we are 11th. The positive sign, I think, is the average recruit rating of 0.8487. That's the highest we've ever had, according to the 247 database. Talent upgrade.

Exactly, the issue currently is the number of recruits. Robert had some good analysis last night that showed if we sign a few of the guys were "supposed" to (i.e. those we are the current perceived leaders for) we would jump to best class in Big 10 West. This also assumes the teams ahead of us don't sign more recruits, but like Robert says it shows how close we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.