Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,456      
Any new news on the Manny Allen recruitment?

According to a 247sports article looks like he should've visited Louisville this past weekend. In the article it sounds like he may be reaffirming his commitment, but no certainty. Kid also has grade issues if I have heard correct.

#2,458      
Anyone else have a really good feeling about Merlin? I wish signing day was tommorow😄

#2,460      
Anyone else have a really good feeling about Merlin? I wish signing day was tommorow😄

I do have a great feeling and believe he would excel in Lovie's system, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up at Illinois.

#2,461      

t7nich

Central IL
2018 Dual QB - DJ Irons.. likely to Illinois?...

#2,463      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH

Considering how hard they are going after him on social media, I'm guessing that Illinois' chances are better than what is being portrayed by the 247 experts. Will be interesting if crystal ball predictions start changing.

#2,465      

BigStan97

Cincinnati OH
I would be very Happy with Rivers and Taylor and a 5th year grad transfer. Seems like the ideal situation.

Groom Rivers and Taylor(Redshirt him) under Smiths new offense, 5th year as a stop gap this year with Thomas as a backup.

The following year Thomas will be a Jr, Rivers So, Taylor RS Fr.

#2,466      
Maybe not as hard to decipher as you think

70% of variance explained is a lot, but distance from home is a bigger predictor than Twitter followIng, suggesting Arizona is a bit closer.

Having said that, I like how he narrowed his decision after our visit. I’m still holding out hope

#2,467      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
I would be very Happy with Rivers and Taylor and a 5th year grad transfer. Seems like the ideal situation.

Groom Rivers and Taylor(Redshirt him) under Smiths new offense, 5th year as a stop gap this year with Thomas as a backup.

+1

#2,469      

Dbell1981

Decatur, IL
The following year Thomas will be a Jr, Rivers So, Taylor RS Fr.[/QUOTE]

Is it a lock that MJ Rivers will be that much better than Taylor? They both look very solid

#2,470      

BigStan97

Cincinnati OH

Is it a lock that MJ Rivers will be that much better than Taylor? They both look very solid[/QUOTE]

I guess I would say. Rivers and Taylor freshman year. Which ever comes out as most ready is the 3rd string and the other redshirts. I would be okay with however it plays out. I feel both, in time, can be starters for us and play major roles in RSmiths offense.

#2,473      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Ideal would be to get a 5th year transfer, have them and Cam battle for starting. Taylor and Rivers have a battle for 3rd string. Loser is a planned redshirt. 3rd string only plays for injuries and hopefully redshirts as well. Going into 2019 with Miller (true junior) and Rivers/Taylor (RS freshman).

#2,474      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Ideal would be to get a 5th year transfer, have them and Cam battle for starting. Taylor and Rivers have a battle for 3rd string. Loser is a planned redshirt. 3rd string only plays for injuries and hopefully redshirts as well. Going into 2019 with Miller (true junior) and Rivers/Taylor (RS freshman).

+1

I would assume MJ Rivers is far far more advanced at this point. There is no comparison between Texas 5A and Illinois 5A. Different planets.

Good assumption. But you never know what will happen until they start competing. One thing is for sure: Taylor getting admitted is a very good thing.

#2,475      
I would assume MJ Rivers is far far more advanced at this point. There is no comparison between Texas 5A and Illinois 5A. Different planets.

Dallas area is a different planet compared to the rest of the state at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.