Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,401      
Or, any playing time!

With the freshman we all saw in the championship game around for another 3 years, that would leave two years of eligibility for an incoming Freshman, assuming a redshirt. What are the chances he is not recruited over (5 star QB) in the next 3 years?

Seems to me that a 3 star QB would be better served picking a different destination. Why not Illinois?

I probably agree too. But I believe that for type of QB Alabama wants, Mckee and Purdy are probably the best options left and I think Mckee is Stanford bound. So Alabama may start pressing

#2,403      
I asked earlier but did not see a reply' so let me pose this question: are we planning on taking three frosh qbs, plus a possible grad transfer?

I know we only have one scholarship QB on the roster, so depth is a MAJOR concern, but three qbs in one class? Or does this suggest Coran is not coming? Or are they just hedging bets?

I get it, need depth. Hope fully get a grad transfer, let one frosh QB fight for third string behind grad transfer an Cam Thomas, redshirt others???

Thanks.

I know this is probably more Purdy based than Daniels, but Daniels is a 2019 QB

#2,404      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
If they bring in a grad transfer, I don't see a need for 3 freshman QBs. If there is no grad transfer, it's possible (but still wouldn't prefer it). Would love if there was a decent PWO QB they could bring in that plans on taking the long approach in improving, getting a scholarship, and fighting for playing time as an upperclassmen.

#2,405      

Deleted member 654622

D
Any reading into the amount of QB offers as a lack of confidence in getting Isaiah Williams from Trinity? I know most more prominent schools are looking at him as a DB or slot receiver. But part of our pull was letting him play QB if that is really what he wanted to do

#2,406      
Any reading into the amount of QB offers as a lack of confidence in getting Isaiah Williams from Trinity? I know most more prominent schools are looking at him as a DB or slot receiver. But part of our pull was letting him play QB if that is really what he wanted to do

I don't think so. I think the new OC is keeping his pipeline alive from AZ.

#2,407      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Wonder if or how badly the Phair news will affect the Bargy recruitment. Just seemed like terrible timing.

#2,408      

IlliniFan85

Colorado Springs, CO
Wonder if or how badly the Phair news will affect the Bargy recruitment. Just seemed like terrible timing.

Or maybe that was why Lovie was sitting next to him at the basketball game Monday night.

#2,411      
I would doubt that a hs student would not come because of mike phair when we still have Lovie.

Even with other coaches talking trash. Students aren’t coming here to win a championship, they’re coming to turn a program around, get early playing time, get nfl ready. I believe the uncertainty of the program is used as a selling point . Guy can come in and make an difference from day 1. The turnaround is working and other coaches are getting promoted into better positions, etc.

#2,412      

ILLINIFAN2

Des Moines, IA
Nothing set in stone, but it seems like Arizona has become the favorite for Dayven Coleman as witnessed by a recent run of crystal balls. Ryan Evan on Twitter aludded to this some time ago.

Not looking good at ALL.

But all is not lost, coaches more confident in Merlin Robertson which is visiting this weekend along with MJ Rivers.

If we can't land one of these LB recruits, very concerning for next year and the LB fall back options (Jacob Hollins - Nevada de-commit) are a downgrade in talent.

#2,413      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Looks like Werner's crystal ball pick is for Caleb Griffin to Illinois.

For the poster above, if the odds of getting Robertson are better than what's been reported, would gladly trade Coleman for Robertson.

#2,414      

Dren1

Glenview, IL

For the poster above, if the odds of getting Robertson are better than what's been reported, would gladly trade Coleman for Robertson.
Yeah, I too would choose Robertson in a heartbeat if we can land only one of the two. Unfortunately, I just have a hard time believing we can come out of nowhere to close the deal. I would obviously be happy to be wrong.

#2,415      

ILLINIFAN2

Des Moines, IA

Trending UP for sure but let's see if Lovie & Hardy can close it down this weekend.

#2,417      
Bennett Williams is growing into a great recruiter on Twitter (and presumably on campus as well) -- his perspective might carry weight with Robertson as a freshman All-American from California. He mentioned in a recent Tweet that he will be part of the crew hosting him. I'm not making any predictions, I'm just a big fan of Williams and I'm confident that we will make a great case with him involved in doing so.

#2,418      
Butkus is his recruiter.

I think the OP was more concerned about us not having a D-Line coach at the moment. However, there's plenty of time left in his recruitment, so that shouldn't be too big of an issue. Assuming the new hire gets along with Bargy...

#2,419      
I think the OP was more concerned about us not having a D-Line coach at the moment. However, there's plenty of time left in his recruitment, so that shouldn't be too big of an issue. Assuming the new hire gets along with Bargy...

If you can't swing "NFL teams are poaching our coaches" into a positive, you are probably in the wrong line of business.

#2,423      
Nothing set in stone, but it seems like Arizona has become the favorite for Dayven Coleman as witnessed by a recent run of crystal balls. Ryan Evan on Twitter aludded to this some time ago.

Since most of the staff at AZ have been there a whole week, this makes perfect sense:thumb: As always, recruiting is fluid. When he didn't make his decision public, it was always suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.