Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,429      

blmillini

Bloomington, IL
Explain blue shirt.

Kid is added as a non-recruited athlete, immediately on scholarship but cannot play the first year so scholarship does not count against this year's numbers, counts against next year.

Non-recruited means no official visit and no in home visit... basically. Unofficial visits are good. Contact is okay.

#2,430      
Sorry, Werner's article said PWO. Either way, great pick up!

PWO’s are not guaranteed a scholarship. Blue shirts are. Griffin is guaranteed a scholarship and that scholarship will count against the 2019 scholarship numbers.

#2,431      

ritster

Wheaton, IL
Thad posted a #Littyville post 7 hours ago. Was this for Griffin or possibly for Robertson?

#2,433      

ChazzReinhold

Mom! The Meatloaf!
I'm not impressed with his highlights. All he does is kick it out of the back of the end zone on every kickoff. :D

#2,435      
...I'm still confused. How can you be on scholarship but redshirt and not count for a year?

If you are not actively recruited (no official visits or no in homes) and come to school as a walk on, you can be put on scholarship and count for the following year. It is called blue shirt recruit.

Similarly, students that start early and come for spring semester are called green shirt recruits.

#2,436      

t7nich

Central IL
Griffin is a great get. Right in our backyard, glad the staff didn’t let him slip away. Tons of scholarships opened up recently so makes sense to give him a scholarship.

With Hayes and Griffin we are set up very nicely with kickers in the future.

#2,437      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Griffin is a great get. Right in our backyard, glad the staff didn’t let him slip away. Tons of scholarships opened up recently so makes sense to give him a scholarship.

With Hayes and Griffin we are set up very nicely with kickers in the future.

+1

Hard to overstate how key it is to have a VG kicker and punter. Particularly in our neck of the woods.

#2,438      

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
+1

Hard to overstate how key it is to have a VG kicker and punter. Particularly in our neck of the woods.

I know

The 22 yr old kid who is kicking for the Eagles in SuperBowl (Jake Elliot) went to LT. I am not sure he started kicking for them until his Jujior
Year. When my youngest son was in K thru 3th grade, he was the goalie on a traveling soccer team (Blast) with Jake, who had quite a leg back then. between Jake kicking in a couple gaols a game and my lad saving quite a few, over 3-4 years they didn't lose many games.

I don't think Jake got any serious B1G looks in high school. He ended up with a full ride to Memphis St with Coach Fuentes. Jake kills it in college and ends up the 1st or 2nd kicker taken in the draft. He gets put on the Bengals practice squad before the season starts , and week 1 or 2 the Eagles kicker goes down and Jakes phone rings. I think it was his 2nd game with them that he nails a 61 yard game winner. Wentz was mic'd up saying he'd give the kid his paycheck if he hit it. not sure what the result of that was

http://cbsprt.co/2xpWg3t

#2,443      
Very hard to decipher twitter but Bennet Williams gave a winking emoji to a guy who asked if Merlin is coming. Again very out there though

#2,445      
Very hard to decipher twitter but Bennet Williams gave a winking emoji to a guy who asked if Merlin is coming. Again very out there though

Thought this was sort of interesting. Generic research by an Iowa PhD candidate into factors that predict a high school star's college decision. #3 is twitter follows. Turns out to also be a 70% predictor of de-commits.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...ects-will-go-to-college/ar-BBIlnTu?li=BBnba9I

Maybe not as hard to decipher as you think

#2,447      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

Trying to temper my hopes. Given our LB situation, and how good Robertson is, he is a key guy.

#2,448      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Will be interesting to see if this visit changed things for Robertson. He is soooo badly needed for Illinois and cannot foresee that he wouldn't be a starter next year (barring injury).

#2,449      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Players seem to be putting a full court press on Twitter for Robertson.

#2,450      

t7nich

Central IL
Anything on Tolson? Didn't get enrolled early (issues on Illinois side).. should be here in the summer, I assume?

Status
Not open for further replies.