Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,601      
I know using Twitter as evidence to where a kid will go isnt always accurate but the last 15 people Merlin followed are all Illini coaches/players/recruit.

I hope you are right. It doesn't sound good and I was confident until yesterday. If we get Merlin and Coran Taylor signs like planned. I will be fairly satisfied with our class. I hoped for a little better. But we have some good players coming in. We just need to mix in a couple stars next year.

#2,602      
Not to tame excitement, but his decision to wait until signing day probably fits better with this narrative.

https://247sports.com/Article/Sun-D...ell-Solomon-Enis-Maurice-Washington-114727524

If you want to build excitement for ASU for publicity purposes, you wait until signing day and narrow your list to ASU and ILL so you can choose ASU? If you wanted publicity, he would not have cut his list to two and included ILL. He would have left Oklahoma on there and chosen ASU over OU.

Not saying he is going to ILL but I don't buy the narrative in that article one bit.

#2,603      

breadman

Herndon, VA
Watching the National signing day preview show on espnu now. For some reason they haven't mentioned us...yet...still hoping...

#2,606      
If you want to build excitement for ASU for publicity purposes, you wait until signing day and narrow your list to ASU and ILL so you can choose ASU? If you wanted publicity, he would not have cut his list to two and included ILL. He would have left Oklahoma on there and chosen ASU over OU.

Not saying he is going to ILL but I don't buy the narrative in that article one bit.

Or he just likes Illinois and ASU and those are his two finalists. He's a teenager trying to choose a school and football team, he's not an agent or public relations firm. He might not even have made a choice as of yesterday and wanted to sleep on it. I'm going to guess he has a good idea of where he wants to go but he's still wrestling with the decision a bit.

#2,611      
That offer to Hollins is being reported by Ryan Evan. No guarantee that info is correct. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Maybe someone else has.

I think Piper actually has a crystal ball prediction for him going back to 02/01, if I saw correctly. Though the offer may have just been extended today.

#2,612      
Coran Taylor: "I like Rod Smith better than Garrick McGee. The hour that we had, we worked on more stuff than I ever had with McGee. We went over a lot of stuff. With McGee, we never went over anything. (Rod Smith) stays in touch with me. McGee barely texted me." #Illini
https://twitter.com/isaac_trotter2/status/961257635629715456

Yikes

Last edited by a moderator:
#2,613      
Coran Taylor: "I like Rod Smith better than Garrick McGee. The hour that we had, we worked on more stuff than I ever had with McGee. We went over a lot of stuff. With McGee, we never went over anything. (Rod Smith) stays in touch with me. McGee barely texted me." #Illini

Yikes

Paints an interesting picture to say the least. Looks like Rod Smith knows how to connect with recruits.

#2,614      

Yikes

:eek: woof

#2,617      
Or he just likes Illinois and ASU and those are his two finalists. He's a teenager trying to choose a school and football team, he's not an agent or public relations firm. He might not even have made a choice as of yesterday and wanted to sleep on it. I'm going to guess he has a good idea of where he wants to go but he's still wrestling with the decision a bit.

You missed the entire point of my post. I was responding to post/article's that I quoted in my posts which had the proposition that ASU commits were holding off until signing day to announce to build excitement for ASU.

The kids can do whatever he wants, it is a tough decision.

#2,623      
247 has Hollins as an inside linebacker, and Robertson as an outside linebacker. So it doesn't necessarily mean that Robertson for sure isn't coming here, unless I missed that we are recruiting him for ILB.

Granted, I never really expected Robertson to come here. He was a long shot. But, just saying that not all hope is lost.

#2,624      
247 has Hollins as an inside linebacker, and Robertson as an outside linebacker. So it doesn't necessarily mean that Robertson for sure isn't coming here, unless I missed that we are recruiting him for ILB.

Granted, I never really expected Robertson to come here. He was a long shot. But, just saying that not all hope is lost.

I think the thought process is that if we wouldn't be using a scholly on Hollins if Robertson was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.