Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawicky

Chicago, IL
What's up with this Fred Kelly kid? Does he have an offer from us? He is kind of strange..

What's up with this Fred Kelly kid? Does he have an offer from us? He is kind of strange..

My guess is that we see potential in his game, But staff is waiting for a breakthrough by him or to see if we have scholarships

ritster

Wheaton, IL
Are we under a “Commitment Watch” ?

I have a feeling that Shammond Cooper or Fabian McCray could pop soon

Looks likeJoseph Thompson decommitted from Iowa State after his Illini visit

JWerner247:
After #Illini visit, Big 12 commitment to ‘re-evaluate’ recruitment, writes @isaac_trotter2 https://t.co/ypZbeEtAGj

He didn’t decommit from Iowa State just stating that the Illini have heated up interest. But honestly even though he didn’t decommit, he is basically not really committed to Iowa State to the full quite yet.

I am not sure I follow here. If they wanted more presence, wouldn't they want the quotes to stay up? Apologize for not understanding

no need to apologize. could very well just be me, but think it keeps a bit mystery/secrecy around Illinois by being selective with posts. Kinda like, "what's going on there?" prompting ppl to dig into Littyville a little more.

Last edited:

Deleted member 654622

D
no need to apologize. could very well just be me, but think it keeps a bit mystery/secrecy around Illinois by being selective with posts. Kinda like, "what's going on there?" prompting ppl to dig into Littyville a little more.

:thumb:

Deleted member 654622

D

I’ve seen this name pop up a bit. But he doesn’t seem to fit lovie a profile for cb: anyone have info?

My guess is that we see potential in his game, But staff is waiting for a breakthrough by him or to see if we have scholarships

Just by his twitter thread, I think this kid has been begging for an IL offer. He has asked for ways to get in touch with Lovie and Hardy but didn't see any response. He also asked for them to 'follow' him.
He said he was coming on an unofficial visit this weekend but didn't see anything about
He tweeted that he had a conversation with CPaterson but Corey didn't retweet it, which he usually does.
My thoughts is he is not on IL radar. Maybe gave him that phone call incase he blows up his senior year....

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Just by his twitter thread, I think this kid has been begging for an IL offer. He has asked for ways to get in touch with Lovie and Hardy but didn't see any response. He also asked for them to 'follow' him.
He said he was coming on an unofficial visit this weekend but didn't see anything about
He tweeted that he had a conversation with CPaterson but Corey didn't retweet it, which he usually does.
My thoughts is he is not on IL radar. Maybe gave him that phone call incase he blows up his senior year....
Littyville is where all the cool kids hang out and Fred is the kid trying to get invited to the party.

I have to think the coaches have at least reached out to him and shown interest otherwise How could we make his final 5

Deleted member 654622

D
I have to think the coaches have at least reached out to him and shown interest otherwise How could we make his final 5

Because it is where he wants to go. A kid can put any school in his top whatever, doesn't mean that it is a realistic option.

Deleted member 654622

D
And I'm cool with all of this. She's being a parent and championing all of her son's attention and fans.

Oh so am I. I posted about a week ago that I think we get Shammond, partly because his mom. Every time I see something, I just get more anxious. Kind of like Charles Billingsley

Deleted member 654622

D
A little disappointed we didn't get a commitment this weekend from anybody....

Deleted member 654622

D
Don't worry, the new all orange uniforms will save us ..........................................................................................................................................................................................................

illini80

Forgottonia
I love the fact that the crack graphic design team came up with using 1960's uniforms. I hope they are getting paid what they're worth. I wonder who designed them back then. They should get royalties.:)

Deleted member 654622

D
That would be huge. I have no idea what our chances are with them.

I thought Fabian was going to commit 2 weeks ago! But on Jeremey Werner show, he makes it sound like we are the front runners for all three. Just waiting for it to happen

I thought Fabian was going to commit 2 weeks ago! But on Jeremey Werner show, he makes it sound like we are the front runners for all three. Just waiting for it to happen

Has anyone on here look at the Twitter Marcus Washington’s dad. I got a feeling he is the reason we weren’t in the top 10

Has anyone on here look at the Twitter Marcus Washington’s dad. I got a feeling he is the reason we weren’t in the top 10
Yeah...

@[I'll leave his twitter handle out] Apr 2
Winning attracts kids to your program not cheesy edits and cornball tactics

The team last year wasn't projected to win a whole lot of games in the first place. I don't get all the negativity. Jahleel's dad tweeted similar stuff, but it seems like it was more about the staff not being in contact with him.

Last edited:
Yeah...

The team last year wasn't projected to win a whole lot of games in the first place. I don't get all the negativity.

Yeah and to me his goes a little further than me.billingsley but I think u gotta look at the coaches not the record. Did u know from 2012 -2015 were the only years we didn’t get at least one person drafted. Lovie literally had to dig the program up from its grave

Status
Not open for further replies.