Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,676      

Deleted member 654622

D
Anywhere but Minny. Just can’t stand Fleck.

Werner said on his radio show that Min has not really made him a priority, Iowa State just got a commitment from a real good talent from Texas, WV wants him to play CB. It seems like IL is the logical choice, this kid is just enjoying the process and taking his time. Sucks but I think we will get him

#1,677      
Sounds like no commits this weekend, overall a disappointing trend here guys, class dropping like a rock and momentum gone

We only have 7 seniors.

This is going to be a very small class and they need to be very selective.

Pretty much every one they add from here on out to the class requires them to open a scholarship from a non-senior player.

#1,683      

Deleted member 649710

D
Will we want him in two years when he gets creaned?

Yes

Alabama is hands down the premier program of this generation. It is no shame losing a recruit to them. I mean, really, I would guess that 99 out of 100 football players presented the choice of a free ride at Bama vs. Illinois at this point would choose Bama.

Last edited by a moderator:
#1,684      

Deleted member 654622

D
Yes

Alabama is hands down the premier program of this generation. It is no shame losing a recruit to them. I mean, really, I would guess that 99 out of 100 football players presented the choice of a free ride at Bama vs. Illinois at this point would choose Bama.

Well lets hope that ratio is off a bit. Cause were asking a handful of players to do just that this year. Williams, Beason, Copper, Henry...Mookie Cooper next year

#1,690      
Yes

I'm hoping we recruit as good or better in the meantime so we don't need him then, but this hope must be tempered by our recent recruiting experiences. So, you are most likely correct.

#1,691      
Yes

The other one probably has had a couple concussions.

#1,693      

Deleted member 631370

D
Well lets hope that ratio is off a bit. Cause were asking a handful of players to do just that this year. Williams, Beason, Copper, Henry...Mookie Cooper next year

Free of any context, I think the 99/100 ratio is about right. And if the kid is more interested in football than academics -- which almost all Top-300 recruits are -- then I question the sanity of the one in a hundred who would prefer Illinois.

But that ratio is probably altered depending on what position the recruit plays, how loaded Alabama is at that position already, whether any close friends of that recruit are at Alabama or Illinois, etc.

The real world, obviously, features all of those contextual considerations. Even then, though, I would expect Alabama to win 90+% of any such battles.

#1,694      

Deleted member 590820

D
99 out of 100 seems like hyperbole but understood. As with the player from UW they sometimes become disenchanted young persons and decide to transfer.

#1,695      
Just a follow up on FNL. We received a pretty decent questionnaire asking for feedback. Sounds like they are trying to get everything up to top notch. For atmosphere sake, I thought it was a good image to have a DJ playing during event.

#1,696      

Deleted member 533939

D
And I thought my wife would cook lasagna for dinner.
Lasagna.jpg

#1,697      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Prediction from Thompson about McCray:

Tomorrow ��.... https://t.co/X9flgzgETn

— F L A C K Ꭴ (@Fl6cko) July 1, 2018

Apologies, still haven't figured out how to embed a tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.