Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,858      

Deleted member 654622

D
This isn't new and has probably been covered on this board already. I didn't think it could get any worse than Beckman's "OSKEE" acronym, but here we are with Fleck's "HYPRR". The "H" should stand for hallucination. This guy is insane.
started watching...couldn't make it through the hole thing

#1,859      

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
something tells me Fleck will go down in some scandal involving girls and/or money. The guy is just too weird.

Minnesota goes from Jerry Kill, who you had to respect , basically straight to PJ Fleck - talk about polar opposites. Geez.

#1,864      

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Alex Halsted (Iowa St guy) just changed his cloudy CB over to UI for Massey.

I believe he’s committing to either us or Miznoz tomorrow right?

#1,865      

Dren1

Glenview, IL
Alex Halsted (Iowa St guy) just changed his cloudy CB over to UI for Massey.

I believe he’s committing to either us or Miznoz tomorrow right?
Yes, I am not a big crystal ball follower, but it is interesting that there are no CBs for Miznoz and the only pick for Iowa State is from December of 2017. All of the other CBs, including many from this past week, appear to be for us. :noidea:

#1,867      

NBB1979

UIUCFAN1
Springfield, IL
Here is Massey’s letter from Miznoz, it says the same thing in the last paragraph. (Subject to position availability)

Attachments

• 56FDB13B-E6C7-4F03-AB06-6033AB419311.png
    56FDB13B-E6C7-4F03-AB06-6033AB419311.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 344
#1,869      
something tells me Fleck will go down in some scandal involving girls and/or money. The guy is just too weird.

Minnesota goes from Jerry Kill, who you had to respect , basically straight to PJ Fleck - talk about polar opposites. Geez.
Minnesota's coaching hires have been suspect for some time. Bill Musselman and his thugs Taylor and Behagen. Jim Dutcher and the alleged rapes by his players. Clem Haskins and the academic fraud scandal. J Robinson and drug dealing wrestlers. Tracy Claeys and sexual assault vs. football players.

#1,870      

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Every time I hear football coaches use acronyms now, I have flashbacks to Beckman fumbling over OSKEE or WIN(t).

#1,871      
Minnesota's coaching hires have been suspect for some time. Bill Musselman and his thugs Taylor and Behagen. Jim Dutcher and the alleged rapes by his players. Clem Haskins and the academic fraud scandal. J Robinson and drug dealing wrestlers. Tracy Claeys and sexual assault vs. football players.

It's too bad, because Minnesota is a fine university.

I believe this is the reason that Illinois has hired coaches like Tepper, Turner, Lovie, Kruger, and Bruce Weber over the years.

#1,872      
It's too bad, because Minnesota is a fine university.

I believe this is the reason that Illinois has hired coaches like Tepper, Turner, Lovie, Kruger, and Bruce Weber over the years.

We also hired Beckman, Self and Mike White (plus Lou Henson and Brad Underwood if I feel like starting an argument ;))

And Glen Mason, Jerry Kill and Tubby Smith are some of the most well-respected upstanding people in the profession.

It's all shades of gray everywhere.

#1,873      

Deleted member 29907

D
This isn't new and has probably been covered on this board already. I didn't think it could get any worse than Beckman's "OSKEE" acronym, but here we are with Fleck's "HYPRR". The "H" should stand for hallucination. This guy is insane.
This is cringeworthy to the nth degree - "The "H" is for "How, which is People" Why not just make the first letter "P" then? "Y is Your Vision" ok, then shouldn't the second letter really be "V" for Vision? First off its all crap, second, its lazy in that he's immediately translating the acronym to different words right at the start. How, How, I ask you - do recruits and their parents buy this load of crap? Beckman's OSKEE was bad, but this is so much worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
#1,874      
How, How, I ask you - do recruits and their parents buy this load of crap? Beckman's OSKEE was bad, but this is so much worse.

Beckman was a goofball, inarticulate idiot. Fleck is a greasy, car salesman idiot. It's all about how the crap is wrapped up--at the end of the day its the same expletive.

#1,875      
It's like a parody of a football coach, played by Rod Coddry.

Status
Not open for further replies.