Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the national

the Front Range
giphy.gif

The entire Illini staff put their foot on the gas the last few weeks, including defensive coordinator Hardy Nickerson, cornerbacks coach Donnie Abraham and new safeties coach Gill Byrd.

“They have great NFL experience, great leadership and they're great teachers," Beason said.

Illinois began recruiting Beason as a wide receiver, but the 4-star prospect now wants to play defensive back.

247sports.com

Deleted member 3875

D
Welcome Marquez & family to Illini Nation!:illinois:

Marquez, Nate, Tony, Stanley, and Bennett is going to be scary in a year from now.

I don’t think you can possibly overstate how big this is. To happen early enough in the recruiting cycle to have a cascading effect could be the sea change that this program needs.

Williams up next impact players with great coaching wins games. Lovie finally figuring the game out. Hayes-Stoker is the man!!!

redwingillini11

White and Sixth
North Aurora
I really hate to be this guy, but being honest, I will believe it when an LOI is signed. This is where Illinois athletics has gotten me.

Deleted member 654622

D
I don’t think you can possibly overstate how big this is. To happen early enough in the recruiting cycle to have a cascading effect could be the sea change that this program needs.

It takes a lot of guts to be that no. 1 commit. More will follow! H U G E

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Is Beason going to be playing offense or defense? What's the scouting report? Where has he played in high school? Anyone have any good links on info?

Deleted member 654622

D
Is Beason going to be playing offense or defense? What's the scouting report? Where has he played in high school? Anyone have any good links on info?

J Werner on his show has said he has done research and he wants to be a Corner. There is less of them so they get paid more. Also, I read he came on this unofficial to see some of the players again and meet GB face to face.

blackdog

Champaign
I really hate to be this guy, but being honest, I will believe it when an LOI is signed. This is where Illinois athletics has gotten me.

He drove from Texas to Illinois overnight to commit on an unofficial visit. That sounds pretty serious to me. Still has an official coming up I think.

Deleted member 654622

D

I totally see were you are coming from here. But honestly, I only think this is a risk if we do not land anymore good talent. If we miss out on all our top talent and we are forecasted to be bottom of the B1G again, THEN I would worry about him signing elsewhere. I feel this is a lot like the Trinity kids. They all talk about playing together, but until someone actually commits, no one knows what Illinois is going to be. Well, we got a HUGE commit. Now Williams and Cooper should feel a lot better about being apart of ILL!

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Wow, mad props for AHS killing it down in the Dallas metroplex.

Deleted member 654622

D
He drove from Texas to Illinois overnight to commit on an unofficial visit. That sounds pretty serious to me. Still has an official coming up I think.

April 6th weekend I believe

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Biggest recruit since we snagged a young Abraham Lincoln out of Kentucky.

redwingillini11

White and Sixth
North Aurora
I totally see were you are coming from here. But honestly, I only think this is a risk if we do not land anymore good talent. If we miss out on all our top talent and we are forecasted to be bottom of the B1G again, THEN I would worry about him signing elsewhere. I feel this is a lot like the Trinity kids. They all talk about playing together, but until someone actually commits, no one knows what Illinois is going to be. Well, we got a HUGE commit. Now Williams and Cooper should feel a lot better about being apart of ILL!

This is the healthy way to be looking at things for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.