Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 654622

D
Someone posted a few months back that Washington's dad and Corey did not see eye to eye a lot and that we had no chance on him....I guess he was spot on

Deleted member 654622

D
Really more disappointed that the first player from that area to throw down a list doesn't even have us as an option.

Deleted member 654622

D
Can you find that post? If true, I bet Illinois was left out deliberately. With all the other guys coming here and seeming to legitimately like Illinois (maybe even consider Illinois) it seems odd that we wouldn’t make a top 10. Maybe it was done out of spite.

Either that or it’s because we’ve won 5 games in 2 years.

It is in the last recruiting thread. When we first started talking about the Trinity kids. No offense, I am not going through all those pages :)

Dren1

Glenview, IL
Can you find that post? If true, I bet Illinois was left out deliberately. With all the other guys coming here and seeming to legitimately like Illinois (maybe even consider Illinois) it seems odd that we wouldn’t make a top 10. Maybe it was done out of spite.

Either that or it’s because we’ve won 5 games in 2 years.
Post 56 in this thread:
Williams is pretty much a guarantee and he is the best athlete on the team. Getting the best of the bunch is always good plus it will justify the hire of Patterson. Washington's father and Paterson didn't always see things the same so I wouldn't count on him. Shammond is a toss up but he is really the last of the good ball players of the 19 class on that team. The rest of 19 are really 1AA or below type of kids that are being packaged with the big three. There next wave of Power 5 talent kids are 2020 but they lack size.
:)

Deleted member 654622

D
I hope so. If we get Williams, we are bound to get some more.

I think I saw the RB from Trinity was now ranked the no. 1 2020 recruit in Missouri?

Giving a grade now is like handing a kid a 3 hour exam and then stopping them at the 45 minute point to grade the whole thing. Of course it’s an F, neither coach is even half way through the rebuild. (And both sports were definitely rebuilds)

It’s good that Whitman will give each coach the appropriate amount of time and isn’t grading them yet.

This was an excellent simile!!!

So this weekend with Tevian Jones for basketball and now Marquez Beason for football coming can we turn a corner in recruiting? Also, wondering if anybody knows if Avery or Myers may be coming with their former teammate?

Attachments

• Taylor Rooks.jpg
    Taylor Rooks.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 831

Deleted member 654622

D
We need Taylor to make a trip back to the midwest to talk some sense into him. Who could say no to her?

https://www.viralviralvideos.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-confused-damn-damn-girl-dat-!!!-do-want-interested-lick-lips-WTF-GIF.gif
I have no idea who that is, but I will do whatever she wants...

Deleted member 654622

D
Clearly, Beason would be an enormous get. IBIWISI.

If the dude wants to make it to the NFL, its hard to argue that the defensive staff at ILL would be best fit to get him there. Let us hope he buys in!

Deleted member 654622

D
https://247sports.com/player/aj-bush-31998

J Werner on his show said this dude was at Illinois's practice yesterday. Another grad transfer QB option.
Ok I am not sure if I can recap his show on here without getting dinged, but he gives some good info about the Trinity kids and Beason! It is a good listen

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.viralviralvideos.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-confused-damn-damn-girl-dat-!!!-do-want-interested-lick-lips-WTF-GIF.gif
I have no idea who that is, but I will do whatever she wants...

Taylor is the daughter of former illini RB Thomas Rooks & Jack Buford's cousin. She is a U of I grad who's sports journalism career is moving fast. She started working for BTN after graduation & is now with SportsNet NY. And of course she's done some modeling:thumb:

Deleted member 654622

D
Taylor is the daughter of former illini RB Thomas Rooks & Jack Buford's cousin. She is a U of I grad who's sports journalism career is moving fast. She started working for BTN after graduation & is now with SportsNet NY. And of course she's done some modeling:thumb:

I did not know he had family ties to ILL.

I'm calling it now, IL will have a recruiting class in the 30s in 2019.
This will be a result of Lovie's correction to the recruiting process with the early offers and better recruiters on staff. Add that to some more development evidence on the field, other than wins (cause we aint getting many), and the facilities upgrading.
It's gonna be fun!

this class will be in the 20s IF we can add about 20 guys

SublimeBeast

Dieterich, IL
people run him down and say he steals info, well I know for a fact he gets his info from the horses mouth and more times then not knows about it way before others. he just doesn't try to ruin kids day and tell stuff that he is told in private
#WWWSSTG

Not really the "story" I was referring to but I really don't want to bring it up/rehash it here. New info is new info!

Not really the "story" I was referring to but I really don't want to bring it up/rehash it here. New info is new info!

yeah thats why I said run him down, none of us were there and none of us really know what happened or any of that stuff, but yet people act like they know the truth to it all. I am just saying the guy knows more about whats going on then people want to give him credit for. Lets me just say this, IF/When he is right people will say how he stole the info when he was the first to put it out there.

Deleted member 654622

D
I'm calling it now, IL will have a recruiting class in the 30s in 2019.
This will be a result of Lovie's correction to the recruiting process with the early offers and better recruiters on staff. Add that to some more development evidence on the field, other than wins (cause we aint getting many), and the facilities upgrading.
It's gonna be fun!

this class will be in the 20s IF we can add about 20 guys

I am not going to veer from my original prediction. But maaaaan if we actually get Beason, Williams and Cooper....that is a great start to something that could be a special class!

Deleted member 654622

D
So we may have our starting qb for next year and no one has commented?

The way Werner talked, I took it as a fall back plan if the Arizona kid doesn't come. The ironic part, is this kid wanted to come here a few years ago and we gave his spot to that Lawson kid that never made the grades to actually get on campus.

Dren1

Glenview, IL
So we may have our starting qb for next year and no one has commented?
It looks like he went to both Nebraska and Va Tech, two pretty good football schools. In between, it appears that he attended Iowa Western Community College. I believe we have had a few players from there recently, but not sure if that was under the current coaches or Beckman/Cubit.

Status
Not open for further replies.