Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing! It is a little earlier than what Mike was saying though. Maybe he is going to come up again when Beason is on his official, first weekend of April and commit then. Just doing some extra homework beforehand????

I just get the feeling the staff might push a little for a verbal whereas i think last year Lovie took a more "take your time approach". Just a total guess on my part though.

But holy cow, what a splash that would be. Illinois having a top-flight recruiting class sounds so outlandish currently that those kids would be names recognized for years if it equates to wins.

An athletic H-Back that can throw the football is a very interesting thing. This guy really is a unique player.

blackdog

Champaign
So what is H-back in this system? Halfback or some type of slot receiver?

Normally an H-back is a combination of a tailback/fullback/TE although they tend to be more fullback most of the time. Guy who can be a good lead blocker but at the same time has some receiving skills.

Deleted member 654622

D
Not much of an article, but sheds light on his future position: https://247sports.com/college/illin...E-Griffin-Moore-commits-to-Illinois-116311193

The takeaway here is that kids will be more inclined to hop on (as opposed to waiting), because there is a sense of a lot more urgency now (i.e., rides (for 3 stars, anyway) will be progressively harder to come by as time passes).

I liked the article. interesting he was there along with Isaiah. I wonder how many other players they had in this morning. Rod Smith did tweet something out about how he couldn't sleep last night because it was such a big day.

Also I totally agree about the 3 star kids having to claim their spot on this roster IF we get some big commits. IF Isaiah, Shammond and say Ira Henry commit within the next 2 weeks, the Chicago kids that are on the fence better make a move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvngace23
My high school play him the season I give some info on how he look in person
Am I wrong for picturing Chief Illiniwek saying this while I read it?

Awesome, what a Tonto!

Deleted member 654622

D
ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

I keep getting on hoping to see an Isaiah Commit!

I believe from day 1 that Lovie would do his best to replicate size and speed near NFL levels. I see Griffin possibly as a large fullback who could block and catch from the backfield.

Deleted member 654622

D
I believe from day 1 that Lovie would do his best to replicate size and speed near NFL levels. I see Griffin possibly as a large fullback who could block and catch from the backfield.

He has def brought in much bigger athletes!

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
not to disrespect any of the players TB and Cubit brought in , but we all know from rating stars and rating grades, as well as size, and results on the field, that we were woefully mismatched in the conference. For goodness sake, we would have been lucky to win 5 games total had we played any of the schedules of any given MAC team - which is 3 power 5 schools and 8 MAC games.

WE

WERE

HORRIBLE

and we still haven't recovered on game day. But things are trending up.

Deleted member 654622

D
Status
Not open for further replies.