Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn’t high on thinking he would commit, until you write that he is not making it public. That seems to match Lovies brand pretty closely

Except for this class has been doing the exact opposite with Beason being insane all over twitter and #littyville becoming a thing

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
A lot of crystal ball action of Tyler Nubin to Minnesota. Would be a disappointing loss with his size matching so well with what Lovie wants at CB and his high ranking in-state.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
A lot of crystal ball action of Tyler Nubin to Minnesota. Would be a disappointing loss with his size matching so well with what Lovie wants at CB and his high ranking in-state.

If he ends up a Golden Gopher, it's more like Tyler n00bin' am I right?

JDHalfrack

Springfield, IL
If he ends up a Golden Gopher, it's more like Tyler n00bin' am I right?

I see what you did there...

ywpPHgu.gif

Deleted member 654622

D

Ya but how many CBs do we really want to add in one recruiting class that is already gonna be small. I know we are thin and we need competition. However Beason is playing CB, were going after Joseph Thompson CB and Bryce Childress already. I could be way off base here but 4 Cbs....eh

FT35

Naperville
Wouldn't be shocked there. If so, glad he got a visit in before he left the state

Will Putnam was on campus before he moved from Chatham to Tampa. He would be the #1 player in Illinois for the Class of 2019 had he stayed.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that we're in on him, however. Interestingly enough, he attends the same the same High School that Austin Clark went to.

I liked the way Warren's mom was raving about the staff on Twitter. Hopefully Abraham allows us to maintain a presence at IMG.

Deleted member 654622

D
I liked the way Warren's mom was raving about the staff on Twitter. Hopefully Abraham allows us to maintain a presence at IMG.

Yes her tweet was very uplifting. Moms love Lovie!

Will Putnam was on campus before he moved from Chatham to Tampa. He would be the #1 player in Illinois for the Class of 2019 had he stayed.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that we're in on him, however. Interestingly enough, he attends the same the same High School that Austin Clark went to.

Don’t know how much it means but Putnam will be back on campus this summer

touper

'burbs

Having read all of his tweets going back a while I can officially declare we have no idea what he truly thinks. I WANT to say he’s good with his son coming here but then there is the random PSU tweet that gives me pause.

If Billingsley does choose something other than the beloved it will be one epic troll job given all the visits and tweets of late. Hey, I’m ecstatic to just be in the conversation, to be honest. This kid was a 0% chance just a few weeks ago. He’d be a great addition, clearly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Having read all of his tweets going back a while I can officially declare we have no idea what he truly thinks. I WANT to say he’s good with his son coming here but then there is the random PSU tweet that gives me pause.

If Billingsley does choose something other than the beloved it will be one epic troll job given all the visits and tweets of late. Hey, I’m ecstatic to just be in the conversation, to be honest. This kid was a 0% chance just a few weeks ago. He’d be a great addition, clearly.

I have a feeling that we have or next commit on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya but how many CBs do we really want to add in one recruiting class that is already gonna be small. I know we are thin and we need competition. However Beason is playing CB, were going after Joseph Thompson CB and Bryce Childress already. I could be way off base here but 4 Cbs....eh

I think they're looking at Childress as a slot WR & Nubin>Thompson. I don't get it, but some guys really go for PJ's shtick. Sadly it seems to be a lot of IL players that go for it:tsk:

Deleted member 654622

D
I think they're looking at Childress as a slot WR & Nubin>Thompson. I don't get it, but some guys really go for PJ's shtick. Sadly it seems to be a lot of IL players that go for it:tsk:

You maybe right on Childress. Yes Nubin>Thompson but that is not the formula here. It is Nubin< (Thompson,McCray,Billingsley)

Deleted member 654622

D
Ol Charles is back at it again with the twitter fingers....9 out of next 10 tweets after the Penn State pic have all been ILL. You are right, he is either building up the anticipation or trolling like a boss

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Ol Charles is back at it again with the twitter fingers....9 out of next 10 tweets after the Penn State pic have all been ILL. You are right, he is either building up the anticipation or trolling like a boss

I'll say this... If I were a high schooler, even the biggest fan of Illinois, it would be hard to pass up the opportunity to play in Happy Valley on Saturday nights with a full house (past legal violations aside). Any time 2-10 Illinois is able to win one of these recruitments over top schools (like they did with Beason & Williams), it is quite remarkable.

I'll say this... If I were a high schooler, even the biggest fan of Illinois, it would be hard to pass up the opportunity to play in Happy Valley on Saturday nights with a full house (past legal violations aside). Any time 2-10 Illinois is able to win one of these recruitments over top schools (like they did with Beason & Williams), it is quite remarkable.

Blasphemy! Dan - can we give this guy a little "time off?" :D:D:shield:

I think Jahleel commits to Illnois, but even if he doesn't we are going to win some and lose some. When people don't commit it is because they personally don't want what we are offering.

Personally, I love turnarounds and I think Lovie is genuine, thoughtful, and caring as a head coach. And, he has a history of winning. I couldn't pass up an opportunity to work with Lovie. And to me, I think a lot of recruits will feel that way. Once we start winning, I think playing for Lovie will be a gold standard. We just need to get past a few more seasons and draw in enough players to get to that point. We just have to remember that we aren't going to win them all.

Deleted member 654622

D
To me, snagging Billingsley is so much more than getting a top IL recruit. We can say we are in good with Bishop Dunn HS in Texas, and Trinity HS in St. Louis. If we get the 3 out of Phillips Academy in Chicago... Those are good 'ins' for building sustainable success.

Status
Not open for further replies.