Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,029      
Missing the point. What if McGee accepted?

Not implying (I assume) we'd have Rikey, just an amazing turn of events.

Highly unlikely Lincoln Riley is the Head Coach of OU if McGee had accepted.

They thought Garrick McGee was a better OC than Lincoln Riley. That was three years ago.

A more meteoric rise I cannot recall.

#1,034      

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
Nobody shared the two glowing Littyville pieces from the major paper that allegedly hates Illinois?

#1,040      

Deleted member 654622

D
desert.gif

How I feel with no recruiting news lately....

#1,041      
I like how on twitter a lot of people are bashing Iowa State and Minnesota football programs/rebuilds after Rivals reported that Jason Bargy’s Top 2 schools at the moment are the Cyclones and Gophers, while we who are in years of losing and are literally using a #Littyville slogan for EVERYTHING never look inward at ourselves.

Look I for one actually love the slogan, recruiting, and believe in the turnaround, and in fact it was a genius idea by Thad and the staff who are working hard, but it’s like these people can’t see it from another schools perspective on why a kid would like to spend the next 4 years at a different university beside Illinois.

#1,042      

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
I like how on twitter a lot of people are bashing Iowa State and Minnesota football programs/rebuilds after Rivals reported that Jason Bargy’s Top 2 schools at the moment are the Cyclones and Gophers, while we who are in years of losing and are literally using a #Littyville slogan for EVERYTHING never look inward at ourselves.

Look I for one actually love the slogan, recruiting, and believe in the turnaround, and in fact it was a genius idea by Thad and the staff who are working hard, but it’s like these people can’t see it from another schools perspective on why a kid would like to spend the next 4 years at a different university beside Illinois.

Man, if you're expecting to find logic, consistency, or self-introspection on Twitter, well, I've got some tough news for you.

#1,045      

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
...why a kid would like to spend the next 4 years at a different university beside Illinois.

Illinois was my only choice. Why shouldn't it be everyone else's?

#1,048      
Rivals reported that Jason Bargy’s Top 2 schools at the moment are the Cyclones and Gophers

People still look at Rivals? That site is so run-down it's sad. Their last news update on Bargy is from January 23rd.

I would trust what Werner said last week on 247. It's a 3 team race and it's anybody's guess at this point.

#1,049      

FT35

Naperville
People still look at Rivals? That site is so run-down it's sad. Their last news update on Bargy is from January 23rd.

I would trust what Werner said last week on 247. It's a 3 team race and it's anybody's guess at this point.

The top 2 is based on what Bargy said to the Blair Sanderson who works for Rivals:

https://twitter.com/BlairRIVALS/status/986292858213818369

He didn't say this to a Minnesota or Iowa State reporter. This appears to be the Iowa reporter for Rivals.

No one really knows what's going on with Bargy since he doesn't talk to the media much but if we're currently third for him then I'm not sure what we can do to make up ground between now and when he decides in a month or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.