Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,051      

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
The top 2 is based on what Bargy said to the Blair Sanderson who works for Rivals:

https://twitter.com/BlairRIVALS/status/986292858213818369

He didn't say this to a Minnesota or Iowa State reporter. This appears to be the Iowa reporter for Rivals.

No one really knows what's going on with Bargy since he doesn't talk to the media much but if we're currently third for him then I'm not sure what we can do to make up ground between now and when he decides in a month or two.

Hire back Nate Scheelhaase. :thumb:

#1,057      
I would be shocked if Jahleel doesn’t commit soon. His dad is literally recruiting kids on twitter for us.

#1,058      

Deleted member 654622

D
I know right! Maybe I just have the goggles on, but I think Shammond/Jahleel/Fabian all know they are coming to IL (perhaps the staff also). They just want to be courted by other programs for a bit longer and enjoy it.

#1,059      

warchant

So Ill
I know right! Maybe I just have the goggles on, but I think Shammond/Jahleel/Fabian all know they are coming to IL (perhaps the staff also). They just want to be courted by other programs for a bit longer and enjoy it.

I don't think any of our recruits are sure things. At least for the big time recruits we need two things. We need progression from our sophomore class and an offense that can score.

Lovie has to put up on the field.

#1,060      

I'm hearing Childress is ready, but I think the 3 mentioned also commit before the dead period this summer:illinois:

#1,061      

Deleted member 654622

D
I don't think any of our recruits are sure things. At least for the big time recruits we need two things. We need progression from our sophomore class and an offense that can score.

I think this is a reasonable view point, but I have a hard time believing Billingsley is not on board. His dad is recruiting for IL on twitter just about every day. I read that as, he wants his son on a winning team, so do what he can to get his son surrounded with talent.

#1,062      

FT35

Naperville

This is what we want as fans. You have no idea what a recruit wants to see or what they are looking for when they are picking a school.

Vontae Davis, who was criminally underrated as a recruit, visited when Illinois played Penn State in 2005. What do you think he saw on the field that made him want to commit to Illinois? Could he have seen a chance for immediate playing time? Was he more comfortable at Illinois then he could have been elsewhere? Did he trust Locksley?

All of the Trinity kids visited for the Rutgers game last year. This was one of the most frustrating and upsetting games I've been to and that's saying a lot as a season ticket holder for Illinois football. One of the Trinity players said after the game that Illinois was building a powerhouse. It wasn't just lip service since these guys have come back and have genuine interest in being part of the program.

For some of them it's more important to be at a place where they trust the coaching staff, they're comfortable and there's a clear path to playing time. They have enough confidence in themselves that if they, along with other talented players, come to Illinois that they can turn the program around. They may or may not care about what happens this fall.

#1,063      

Deleted member 654622

D
For some of them it's more important to be at a place where they trust the coaching staff, they're comfortable and there's a clear path to playing time. They have enough confidence in themselves that if they, along with other talented players, come to Illinois that they can turn the program around. They may or may not care about what happens this fall.

I think this goes along with what we keep hearing from visitors. "Home" is used a lot. Now for players like Jaquaze Sorrells, who tweeted he wants to kiss that championship trophy before he leaves college, he probably is going to need to see improvement this year for serious consideration.

#1,070      
https://twitter.com/_Illini_/status/987440160542482432

Wasn't sure if this was the best place to post this but I found this video hilarious. You can see what kind of fun culture the staff is instilling on the program and why recruits would want to come to Littyville

This video shows how laid back the staff is. They are having fun. They are passing this onto the players with a mindset of having fun AND working hard. This is a great look for the Illini.

#1,073      

Deleted member 654622

D
Did Fabian McCray's back round picture in 247 change? And might that be Memorial Stadium now?

Without looking at it, it could be the website updated his profile with a picture taken while at the Spring game?

Status
Not open for further replies.