Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,305      

Deleted member 654622

D
Hurts because the staff put a lot of time/energy into his recruitment. Time to focus their attention on Big Moses.

They sure as hell did....whatevs dude. Have fun in Minnesota. Only thing we can do is move forward and make all these kids regret their decisions. He might have a quicker road to playing at Min honestly. I expect our Dline to be pretty stacked.

#1,308      
Also, I’m guessing that staff pushes for a commitment soon to lessen the negative media press. I hope I’m right.

#1,309      

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Also, I’m guessing that staff pushes for a commitment soon to lessen the negative media press. I hope I’m right.

Three of the top eight Illinois 2019 recruits are committed to Minnesota. Need to spin the narrative back in the right direction ASAP as possible.

#1,311      

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
As soon as possible as possible? ;)

Haha, it's a Michael Scott quote from The Office. I was trying to convey my sarcasm.

tenor.gif

#1,312      
Three of the top eight Illinois 2019 recruits are committed to Minnesota. Need to spin the narrative back in the right direction ASAP as possible.

I have always thought that Illinois recruits wouldn’t come until they saw winning. I am ok losing Illinois recruits as long as we are closing somewhere. Right now, I’m not as concerned.

#1,313      

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
I suspect Fleck has been selling recent performance vs Illinois. Heck, he beat pathetic Illinois when he was coaching a MAC team. Not in exactly those words, perhaps, but that’s likely the message. And Bargy et al. swallowed it. We just offered “promises.”

But I will be coming back for the Minny game this fall. Looking for a rodent rout.

#1,314      
If someone likes flecks pitch and is inspired by him, they pr Ha oh would not like being at Illinois and it’s probably better if they go to Minnesota, in my eyes Fleck and Lovie are pretty different temperamentally. A pick for Minnesota, in my eyes is a suggestion that they aren’t a personality fit with Illinois.

My thoughts exactly and the staff probably realized this which is why we r recruiting like 3 others at the position and minny can offer pt that he won’t get yr 1 wit h us

#1,315      

ritster

Wheaton, IL
I suspect Fleck has been selling recent performance vs Illinois. Heck, he beat pathetic Illinois when he was coaching a MAC team. Not in exactly those words, perhaps, but that’s likely the message. And Bargy et al. swallowed it. We just offered “promises.”

But I will be coming back for the Minny game this fall. Looking for a rodent rout.

I dare say I want Illinois to beat Minnesota even more than I want them to beat Northwestern. And that is saying A LOT when you live here in the Chicago suburbs

#1,316      
I dare say I want Illinois to beat Minnesota even more than I want them to beat Northwestern. And that is saying A LOT when you live here in the Chicago suburbs

Think u got a REAL chance of seeing that happen this year

#1,317      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH

Hence my statement about only one of Fleck/Lovie surviving. This was a big loss.

#1,319      

Deleted member 654622

D
I think it really sucks losing him, but this IL State class, and last years as well, is not very good. So losing out on IL kids at this point isn't a big knock. Its looking like we are going to get the Phillips trifecta at least. We are going to have to start winning to bring the majority of the top in state talent to C-U. No doubt about it.

#1,320      
I think it really sucks losing him, but this IL State class, and last years as well, is not very good. So losing out on IL kids at this point isn't a big knock. Its looking like we are going to get the Phillips trifecta at least. We are going to have to start winning to bring the majority of the top in state talent to C-U. No doubt about it.

:thumb:

:cool:

#1,321      
Hence my statement about only one of Fleck/Lovie surviving. This was a big loss.

No doubt it would be better to have him than not. But I think we will be fine without him. Plus, he didn't want what the program was offering, I'd rather have Texas, Missouri, and Florida players that want to be at Illinois than Illinois players that don't

#1,322      

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
Will you expound on this statement?

Are you implying hurt feelings because Illinois didn't take him? Shouldn't that apply to any Big Ten team as well? He went to NIU, which tells me several P5 schools passed on him.

I'm saying he can truthfully say "I was a HS stud in Illinois and you sure didn't see me playing in Champaign"

That's really all that's needed. The fact that he went to NIU doesn't really matter.

#1,324      
I think kids wouldn't think twice about it.

Normally some of the smartest takes on this board. I don’t see this one at all though. I passed on Illinois so why don’t you too hardly leads directly to....of course Minnnesota then. Fleck is a good recruiter and his ability to recruit against Illinois is just as easy as any other coaches in my opinion. Want to play in a bowl game? Why go there?

Status
Not open for further replies.