Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,351      
I completely agree. But the majority of 16yr olds do not consider all of that. They have a 1 thing in mind.....ok maybe 2. If we start putting dudes in the NFL, Lovie will get a lot more credibility from top recruits

I think the concern is that we won’t get a chance to see who lovie puts in the league. He needs a Great class and we probably will not be in position to qualify for a bowl game. Does shammonfld come here if we win 4? If not, do we lose ira Henry, jahleel, brock, etc.

#1,352      
What does everyone expect from this class? My goal right now is 12-15 Top 100 players, and so far we have 4

#1,355      
Not Illinois recruiting but still interesting nonetheless, Baylor recruit Kalon Barnes ran a 10.04 100 meter dash today at the Texas state championships. Set a national high school record. Word is he’s playing corner for them, but I would have that kid running go routes all day.

#1,356      

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Not Illinois recruiting but still interesting nonetheless, Baylor recruit Kalon Barnes ran a 10.04 100 meter dash today at the Texas state championships. Set a national high school record. Word is he’s playing corner for them, but I would have that kid running go routes all day.
Dang! That's an Olympics qualifying time right there!

#1,357      
Dang! That's an Olympics qualifying time right there!

Yeah we have a need for speed bt my guess is that we need to be going after if a now because no one else will commit before him we have Jahleel we have Fabian heck I even think that with winning 4 we have Shammond (i predict 6) but we need to push other players to make the class greater because there are alit of really talented players still on our board but we only focus on those

#1,359      

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Yeah we have a need for speed bt my guess is that we need to be going after if a now because no one else will commit before him we have Jahleel we have Fabian heck I even think that with winning 4 we have Shammond (i predict 6) but we need to push other players to make the class greater because there are alit of really talented players still on our board but we only focus on those

Punctuation is overrated

#1,361      

Illini_1979

Oregon

Maybe he can't catch. ;)

#1,362      
Maybe he can't catch. ;)

Fair point.

More interesting Texas track and field tidbits before I go, a junior girl from Mansfield won state with a triple jump of 45’5.75”. My best triple male triple jumper who barely missed qualifying for state went 45’4.25”. She would have placed in state on the boys side and her jump is just 5 feet behind the female world record. And she’s a junior.

When people talk about Texas having bunches of athletes, that is the type of stuff they’re talking about. As someone who coaches track and basketball the base level athlete I see around this state is insane. We gotta get as many kids as we can from here. (On the flip side this is also why I enjoy UT being bad at stuff, with a talent pool like this? And they wanna be loyal to the state school? Cmon)

#1,365      
When people talk about Texas having bunches of athletes, that is the type of stuff they’re talking about. As someone who coaches track and basketball the base level athlete I see around this state is insane. We gotta get as many kids as we can from here. (On the flip side this is also why I enjoy UT being bad at stuff, with a talent pool like this? And they wanna be loyal to the state school? Cmon)

I lived in Martin County Florida many years ago (shortly after Cubit left the first time, he's back now). A good friend was dating the mother of the back up halfback who averaged like 8 yds/carry, he also ran in state finals in 100 m, his problem was the starting halfback was also in state finals. Now they both were 5'8" - 160 lb range so I don't think either played much after high school, but the speed and athleticism was quite impressive.

#1,368      
https://twitter.com/L5_2Fast/status/995769367181873154

Chicago Phillips squad visit, inclusing 2021 class Domic Bass. That dude is a STUD

https://247sports.com/player/dominic-bass-46051466

LOL. That's EXACTLY what I looked like at 13-14 years old.

8122360.jpg

#1,370      
5 star running back out of Cali looking at the Illini now will post more details soon

#1,371      
With full realization that 247 is click bait, I still look. I see our one CB for Moses Okpala up & disappeared.
And Ira now has an Alabama offer. Now that that's on his resume, no reason to hold off on his commitment to the beloved!

#1,373      

Deleted member 654622

D
And Ira now has an Alabama offer. Now that that's on his resume, no reason to hold off on his commitment to the beloved!

Eh. Not saying IL is a lock, but he has a lot of relationships to IL right now. I would still bet we are the leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.