Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,451      
Even for guys not getting a monster signing bonus can still get good education guarantees from their professional contract (If you sign for $90k, we'll pay for tuition for your undergraduate degree as well).

Except there are a fair number of strings attached to that deal: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/scholarship.jsp?content=guide

Plus, the player no longer gets any help getting into the school of their choice. Nor do they get tutors, preferred enrollment slots, and other perks that student-athletes get at most schools.

All in all, it is a plus, but not a slam dunk deal.

#1,452      
Maybe we can get a bunch of project bigs and give them 1/4 scholarships. Move partials from transfers to whoever plays. 8 project bigs!

Last edited:
#1,453      

chief78

Florida
I played college baseball. Minimum scholarship for D1 baseball is 1/4 of a ride. Rarely will anyone get a full ride athletic scholarship for baseball. Most I've ever heard is 3/4 of a scholarship for baseball. D1 programs have a roster limit of 35.

The roster limit and minimum scholarship amount goes out the window for D2 and lower

Above is true. D2 has only 9 scholarships to divide up. Most D1 schools have 27 scholarship players and ~8 walk-ons.

#1,454      

Deleted member 654622

D
Talking the number of scholarships for a college baseball team on a college football recruiting thread......sad days
tumblr_lqqxa5sQ1G1qif47l.gif

#1,460      
Just the fact the guy has posted a profile pic of himself in a gators uni and has cold shouldered us, this one is history. On to the next guy.

Agreed. He's not going to have a Gator profile pic and then commit to Illinois. He gone.

#1,461      
Agreed. He's not going to have a Gator profile pic and then commit to Illinois. He gone.

He’s liking the gator fans tweets in response to his post. Not looking good at all. Would of have been awesome to lock down that Phillips pipeline.

#1,463      

bigtiz54

Chicago
After the USF game last season in Tampa I drove up to Gainesville with my brother for the Florida-Tennessee game on Saturday. I was not impressed with the town of Gainesville. However, I can see how a recruit would enjoy playing at the swamp. The game drew about 85,000 less than a week after Irma hit. People flock to Florida games and the in game atmosphere is significantly better than Illinois'. With that said, hoping for a last second switch back to Illinois...but I don't see it coming.

#1,466      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
If this was true, we would be owed about 10, give or take 5.

Any possibility of getting Darrin Kirkland Jr., transfer from Tennessee? Really good college LB that has run into the injury bug. Originally from Indianapolis.

#1,468      
I think he’s releasing his Top 4 which I assume is Florida, Illinois, Ohio State, and Penn State

#1,473      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Blend in, or stand out. I know what I'd rather do. :illinois:

Status
Not open for further replies.