Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,906      

Deleted member 654622

D
still waiting for him to show up to his own anouncement.
F5BCGr4.0.gif

#1,907      
Is this being broadcast or is it just supposed to be a twitter announcement?

#1,912      
Either someone from Mizzou told the 24/7 guys that Massey was coming here or Massey told the Illini staff that he was coming here. Probably both. Who cares. Just get RaJae.

Hopefully this can light a fire under Lovie's a$$.

#1,917      

Deleted member 590820

D
I heard he pulled a Mizzou t shirt out of Illinois back pack. Is this true and if it is why does a guy gotta be so douchey? I wouldn’t want a young man to do this in reverse and choose Illinois.

#1,918      

Deleted member 631370

D
I heard he pulled a Mizzou t shirt out of Illinois back pack. Is this true and if it is why does a guy gotta be so douchey? I wouldn’t want a young man to do this in reverse and choose Illinois.

It's all about raising the theatrical bar. Some kids feel the need to make their decision a spectacle. So be it. I think they've earned the right to have some fun with it, and perhaps later in life they'll look back and realize that what they thought was fun at the time was really in poor taste. But gotta remember that they're young.

What's a bit funny is that a kid not even ranked in the top-500 is pulling a hat trick (if indeed true). Come on, kid. You're not some 5* picking between Alabama and Auburn.

#1,919      

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas

It definitely wasn’t hat trick levels. But it did seem like he was trying deceive (or at least keep suspense) until the very end.

Either way, oh well.

#1,920      

Deleted member 590820

D
Have they forgotten Cliff Alexander already? His “career”certainly is forgettable.

#1,921      
Recruiting is definitely fluid. Last Friday Massey told staff & players he was in. Apparently, he went to Mizzou & told them the same thing. They didn't even recruit him until June, CPatt has known him for years. So much for relationships:noidea:

Was Lovie expecting too much from the StL hire? We had the coach with a connection but have missed on Buford, Kyren Williams, Harris, & now Massey. Washington & some others from the area were never coming to the U of I, so nothing anyone could've done. Isaiah wanted to commit last year, but was advised to wait. People (mostly the local media) should stop giving credit for his March announcement. The StL recruiting effort has been there, still waiting on some positive results.

#1,922      
Marcus Washington's dad tweeted that he'd be in Champaign next weekend.

#1,923      
I think the Stl connection
Recruiting is definitely fluid. Last Friday Massey told staff & players he was in. Apparently, he went to Mizzou & told them the same thing. They didn't even recruit him until June, CPatt has known him for years. So much for relationships:noidea:

Was Lovie expecting too much from the StL hire? We had the coach with a connection but have missed on Buford, Kyren Williams, Harris, & now Massey. Washington & some others from the area were never coming to the U of I, so nothing anyone could've done. Isaiah wanted to commit last year, but was advised to wait. People (mostly the local media) should stop giving credit for his March announcement. The StL recruiting effort has been there, still waiting on some positive results.
I think the Stl connection is going very well. The illini got a 5 star quarterback, a talented athletic WR and are still in on a couple of linemen and still have a shot at Shammond Cooper.

#1,924      
Either someone from Mizzou told the 24/7 guys that Massey was coming here or Massey told the Illini staff that he was coming here. Probably both. Who cares. Just get RaJae.

Hopefully this can light a fire under Lovie's a$$.

The way this played out, Missouri hasn’t been mentioned much and when we were final 2, with Miz, my guess is that the predictors took a guess

#1,925      

Dbell1981

Decatur, IL

I don't think Lovie was expecting to get all of those Stl kids. Coach Patterson was a good hire even outside of the connections to the kids. He seems like a great hire. I think coach Patterson is just scratching the surface as a coach. He is learning from some of the best football coaches in football as well. There is also next years Trinity class we have a shot to get a couple players from.

Status
Not open for further replies.