Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,077      

Deleted member 633632

D
Sorry if posted already but a 4* DE out of Cali, Stephon Wright will be visiting this weekend as well!

#2,078      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
If Cam Thomas doesn't return, do they bring in another QB? Or just stick with Williams and nobody else?

#2,079      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
If Cam Thomas doesn't return, do they bring in another QB? Or just stick with Williams and nobody else?

Regardless of Thomas' status, the staff should bring in another grad transfer QB, should a good candidate want in.

#2,080      
Rod Smith said he likes to have 5 QB's. So either they go after someone else or put Cam Miller on scholarship just as a guess.

#2,086      
If I'm an undecided Illini recruit, I'm...undecided but intrigued? Based on today's game?

Seems like a positive day overall for the program, including recruiting.

#2,087      
If I'm an undecided Illini recruit, I'm...undecided but intrigued? Based on today's game?

Seems like a positive day overall for the program, including recruiting.

I'd probably be thinking "This team needs me and 20 other four star recruits" or something like that.

#2,088      
It looks like Cooper is ready to make a decision. Recent visit to Illinois, following a bunch of Illini Coaches and players, I feel good about this one.

#2,094      
Texas Teach offered shortly after he committed and sounds like Texas now snooping around (don't like that) just my gut feelings..
Go Illini!!

#2,095      
Can never have enough speed and he flat out gets down 10.3 100 😳
Doing it on special teams too!!
He could end up being a steel out of Texas

#2,096      
I don't know why but I feel like 4 of our commits so far will take a jump in the rankings when this season is over. McCray, Cumby, Washington, and Coleman. No real reason, just do.

#2,099      
I would agree. Add him at ILB, to go with what we have, and we suddenly looks very strong there.

#2,100      
I would agree. Add him at ILB, to go with what we have, and we suddenly looks very strong there.

Is cooper ready to play day 1?

Ready to play, not as in will he play, but is he mentally and physically built to be an immediate D1 starter?

Like if he went to a mid level p5, would he be looking to jump over a returning guy or truly compete in a camp competition and win that spot? Or would he be redshirted like he would at an upper level P5?

I truly don’t know and am trying to figure out where to set my expectations should he make it to campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.