Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,330      

Deleted member 746094

D
Reading Mizzou HC getting canned. Is there a coach we can poach that will bring recruits and recruit the area well.

They’re 5-4 after beating #11 Florida @ the Swamp today and play Vandy, Vols and AR to close out. All three very winnable games. 8-4, 4-4 SEC East? Maybe, but I am not buying it if they win out.

#2,332      

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Looks like both Shammond and Mookie came up with Isaiah. Shammond is obv a must get for our D, but I’d love to somehow get Mookie in 2020 - that kid is the most exiting player to watch on Trinity stacked with D1 talent

If Illinois were to somehow land Mookie over the likes of UT, OSU, Bama, etc., I would be thoroughly impressed. Did that for Beason and Williams, but another recruit in 2020 would be pretty amazing.

#2,333      

Deleted member 654622

D
This is my first time sitting next to the recruit section. There were a lot of kids with recruiting passes on their neck. Most stuck around to the very end. That includes Beason, Isaiah, Mookie and Shammond.
The big O lineman from Georgia headed in halfway through the 4th Qrt. Those benches started getting cold.
I thought it was a decent showing by the fan base, considering. Student section was involved. Good Day

#2,334      

ILLINIShox24

Orange Krush '04 & '05
From Kedric:

#Illini H/C Lovie Smith let the cat out of the bag: It helps to see some results now. Before we played the game, we had a big recruit that jumped on board. I think they’re hearing the message. 🏈🙊🤔 https://t.co/gTss4hHTGe

Could that be Shammond?

#2,337      

FT35

Naperville
Pretty sure it was Okpala he was referring to.

Doesn't really matter if Shammond committed or not. He's not signing in December and is announcing in January so a verbal doesn't really mean anything right now since we don't even know who the DC/LB coach will be next year at this point.

#2,338      

FT35

Naperville
Isn't Jason Bargy watching this? Lol

I read somewhere that he was at the game to watch Minnesota play.

We already have Coleman and Okpala so I would go after Randolph and call it a day.

There's nothing particularly great about Bargy other than his ranking. He plays against pretty bad competition and he doesn't really go to any camps so his ranking is based on his measurables and film against poor competition. This isn't just sour grapes. We obviously wanted him and made him a priority but he doesn't want to be here so I wouldn't waste another second on him.

I actually think there is more of a need at DT at this point. I'm not sure if you can move a guy like Okpala inside since I don't know if there are that many 6'7 3 Technique DTs but I guess that could happen. Just imagine getting a guy like this in a college weight program.

Pearl needs to be moved to the other side of the ball. I know he played some SDE against Rutgers but we need more bodies on the OL.

#2,340      

FT35

Naperville
I hope Verdis Brown gets flipped to OL

I would have agreed before the season but how can you not keep him at DT now? Our options are getting limited, especially after next year when we lose Jackson, Milan and Oliver.

Really need a Center though. Kramer is playing hurt and his backup is STILL Allegretti. I hope we can get Hojo Watkins back. He's played all over the OL for Garden City CC.

#2,341      
If IW doesn’t win the QB job, I would love to use him the way we use Stampley right now in our offense. Get the ball in his hands. He’ll already know the playbook and can still be the backup QB. Catch those little RPO/swing passes in open space and make some plays

#2,342      
From Kedric:

#Illini H/C Lovie Smith let the cat out of the bag: It helps to see some results now. Before we played the game, we had a big recruit that jumped on board. I think they’re hearing the message. 🏈🙊🤔 https://t.co/gTss4hHTGe

Could that be Shammond?

Yeah that came at like 9:30 of his presser if you watch the replay. Very nonchalant comment - my guess is that he was referring to Mosses and not someone new. Would be great if we do have another announcement coming though!

#2,343      
Except everyone knows about him and that cat was out of the bag before the tweet. Me thinks it is someone else that has not made their announcement yet and the tweeter knows it.

#2,350      
Two receivers have decommited from schools we NEED to own recruiting wise. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.