Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,551      
I can understand your viewpoint. But if they could come in and start right away it would boost this team immensely. It's year 4 for Lovie soon and he has to win NOW.

Getting a grad transfer or Juco WR, LB, and DB would be phenomenal.
Yeah, that is basically what I'm saying as well, you don't need to worry about 2 deep, but if you have a major hole and can find a starter you go for it

#2,552      

Deleted member 645583

D
So what do you do about Thomas if you're Illinois? Do you approach him or wait for him to call you? Since he's no longer on Miami team I suppose you could call him, right? And I think if Mark Smith was granted a hardship, so could Thomas. Thoughts?
Re: hardship waivers ... this guy comes to mind:

http://www.insidenu.com/2012/7/31/5905055/kyle-prater-receives-ncaa-eligibility-waiver-what-it-means-for

not sure if the rules are same?
That would be NCAA in a nutshell.

#2,553      

Deleted member 645583

D
Yeah, that is basically what I'm saying as well, you don't need to worry about 2 deep, but if you have a major hole and can find a starter you go for it

And get a receiver who can catch the lousy ball and sprint. Plus Thomas is a heckuva kick and punt returner.

We've got a great kickoff returner in Dre Brown; I hope he's well.

#2,554      
So what do you do about Thomas if you're Illinois? Do you approach him or wait for him to call you? Since he's no longer on Miami team I suppose you could call him, right? And I think if Mark Smith was granted a hardship, so could Thomas. Thoughts?

You call him immediately and put in a ton of effort to get him here as if he is a 4*/5* in state talent at a major position of need, which he is

#2,555      

Deleted member 654622

D
I would HOPE Lovie, Corey and AHS have all reached out to him. You know Mizzey is already knocking on his door. They have done good in Stl this year

#2,556      
In addition to Thomas, there are whispers of another IL kid interested in returning home to play for the O&B. Huge!:illinois:
We may see 3 underclassmen transfer in. I just don't know if we can get any of them on the field before '20

Last edited:
#2,557      
In addition to Thomas, there are whispers of another IL kid interested in returning home to play for the O&B. Huge!:illinois:
We may see 3 underclassmen transfer in. I just don't know if we can get any of them on the field before '20

Gonna ask the obvious question here:

Who?

Or at the very least, what position?

#2,558      

Deleted member 654622

D
giphy.gif

source.gif

#2,562      

Deleted member 654622

D
Luke Ford. Per a Ryan Evan's periscope about a week ago
He was the first name that came to mind, but I thought he was getting playing time at Georgia so I quickly threw that notion out...
That would be HUGE

#2,566      
Don't get me wrong we would drool over Luke Ford being here and if Rod Smith is smart he finds a way to integrate him into the scheme

#2,567      
Ford , Thomas , and a few more JUCO's,especially at LB, Defensive Secondary , and WR, would be welcome additions. Hopefully, the transfers would be able to help next season.

#2,570      

FT35

Naperville
Khalil Tate please?

If Corbin and Brown come back and Epstein can stay healthy then that is a scary backfield. Arizona was third in the country in rushing in 2017 and we saw what Rod did this year with this group.

I liked the way this OL held together during the season. Plug in Boyd for Allegretti in addition to an extra year from everyone else should help.

The WRs and the defense though....yikes.

#2,571      
Caught up on the IHSA state title games on DVR tonight and I thought our RB commit Nick Fedanzo out of Montini looked great. His offer list is small from power 5 and he def isn’t one of our big name guys but he was one of the most impressive players this weekend. Just straight north/south fast - looks like he is going to house it with any crease he gets. Also looks very big/strong - had a few pancake blocks. I could see him returning kicks right out of the gate and will be interesting to see how he develops / works into our RB stable.

Any of the recruiting gurus know what the deal is with Michael Love out of Nazareth? I thought he was far and away most explosive and exciting player in IHSA this weekend. Very Rondale Moore’ish. His older bro is a stud CB and Thorpe finalist for ND. I am aware he committed then decommited from Bowling Green but his rivals and 247 don’t show much Power 5 activity. If he isn’t already sold elsewhere, Lovie and Rod need to get on that kid asap.

#2,572      

Soxfreak64

Bloomington
Caught up on the IHSA state title games on DVR tonight and I thought our RB commit Nick Fedanzo out of Montini looked great. His offer list is small from power 5 and he def isn’t one of our big name guys but he was one of the most impressive players this weekend. Just straight north/south fast - looks like he is going to house it with any crease he gets. Also looks very big/strong - had a few pancake blocks. I could see him returning kicks right out of the gate and will be interesting to see how he develops / works into our RB stable.

Any of the recruiting gurus know what the deal is with Michael Love out of Nazareth? I thought he was far and away most explosive and exciting player in IHSA this weekend. Very Rondale Moore’ish. His older bro is a stud CB and Thorpe finalist for ND. I am aware he committed then decommited from Bowling Green but his rivals and 247 don’t show much Power 5 activity. If he isn’t already sold elsewhere, Lovie and Rod need to get on that kid asap.

Agree here. He has slot receiver/corner and KR/PR written all over him

#2,573      

Watch Nazareth very often as I live in the area. Mike Love is the most dynamic player I have seen out of the school including his brother who is a Thorpe Award Finalist at Notre Dame. The issue is the size but he has gone against Power 5 competition all season aspnd has consistently beat them. Shocked no Power 5 offer.

#2,574      
Watch Nazareth very often as I live in the area. Mike Love is the most dynamic player I have seen out of the school including his brother who is a Thorpe Award Finalist at Notre Dame. The issue is the size but he has gone against Power 5 competition all season aspnd has consistently beat them. Shocked no Power 5 offer.

Man if this is just a size thing, I hope someone comes around on him (and hope that someone is Rod/Lovie). We’ve seen enough of the Rondale Moore or Tarik Cohen types that you get these playmakers in your system. You’d think his older bro’s success would give him a pass on size. I’d hate to see this kid be passed over for so long put up huge productivity elsewhere

#2,575      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

+infinity

Love guys with big chip on shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.