Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,826      
Oh I’m well aware, it’s the Wild West out there right now. I was simply hoping for more momentum going into this early signing period than it appears we have.

I think in a normal year you would. It appears this year some scholarships are being saved for some instant impact transfers. In addition that staff has worked exceedingly hard to keep the commitments they have so far.

With the importance of next year on the Lovie tenure, I think adding some transfers is smart

#2,831      
Per my "tonight :cool:" post on friday...have to get some things squared away before the kid can officially announce.

Last edited:
#2,833      
Jakai Clark to Miami per his twitter.

Jeez... following 16-18 year olds through recruiting is painful. Commit/decommit to/from auburn, lined up to commit to AZ, change at last moment to ILL, only to flip to Miami within a few days of offer.

I get at the end of the day making the right decision, but wish I could get in some of the teenage minds and preach patience over the surge of excitement you get by making a twitter commitment you aren’t fully sold on.

#2,836      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Jeez... following 16-18 year olds through recruiting is painful. Commit/decommit to/from auburn, lined up to commit to AZ, change at last moment to ILL, only to flip to Miami within a few days of offer.

I get at the end of the day making the right decision, but wish I could get in some of the teenage minds and preach patience over the surge of excitement you get by making a twitter commitment you aren’t fully sold on.

It's musical chairs, especially as signing day approaches. Best not to get too invested in kids until they sign.

#2,837      

Deleted member 654622

D
While watching the Bears game last night, I noticed how many OL on the Rams are from the B1G. It made me think of Clark's decision, Mia or ILL. Point being, I like what Butkus has done so far. I hope he can get a pipeline going of these big boys from the Midwest coming in and growing into NFL players. I did see a handful of locals that are getting PWO's from the staff. It is a start at least.

#2,838      

Deleted member 654622

D
Per my "tonight :cool:" post on friday...have to get some things squared away before the kid can officially announce.
How do you feel about the Thomas to Missouri being a real possibility article?

#2,840      
After much careful consideration and prayer, I have decided it is in my best interest to decommit from fighting Illinois fandom. I'd like to give a big thanks to the 07 Rose bowl team and the odenigbo flag throw, you were memorable moments that I will forever cherish. With that being said, I am now open to following any other team and look forward to the future

#2,841      
as expected.
Was hoping Clark talked to current Miami players as it seemed there was a mutiny against the coaching staff, just based on heresay from the Jeff Thomas saga.
Oh well, we can use the excuse that he was going to transfer anyways!

#2,842      
After much careful consideration and prayer, I have decided it is in my best interest to decommit from fighting Illinois fandom. I'd like to give a big thanks to the 07 Rose bowl team and the odenigbo flag throw, you were memorable moments that I will forever cherish. With that being said, I am now open to following any other team and look forward to the future

You forgot “please respect my decision”

#2,843      
Good Luck to you in your future endeavors. Thanks for considering the ILLINI

#2,845      
Thing is, if you look at who they are recruiting and getting crystal balls for, Miami could have a really nice OL class with guys rated much higher than he is.

#2,846      

blackdog

Champaign

Fandom is fluid

#2,849      

JJE

Bethalto, IL
You have to do what’s best for you! I look forward watching to blow it up cheering for another school! Would have loved to see you in Orange and Blue!

#2,850      
You have to do what’s best for you! I look forward watching to blow it up cheering for another school! Would have loved to see you in Orange and Blue!

Whatever - he is trash his whole family is trash & you are trash for not trashing him. Our revenue programs may be trash but fandom is life. It's trash like this that is keep us from being more than trash. One day we will rise but you will all still be trash.

For the record - this response was all trash & I hope it made u laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.