Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,876      
Shammond, Mathis and Randolph are probably the three biggest targets left for the December signing period.

Shammond won't announce until January but could sign in December. If he doesn't go on any visits this weekend I would think he's going to pick us.

The fact that we get the last visit with Randolph and that he didn't commit to MSU on his visit there is good for us. We've been in on him for a long time, however, and he still hasn't pulled the trigger yet. Really need to lock him down this weekend.

Mathis probably won't end up here but we're desperate for a MLB so we can go back to the 4-3-4 instead of a 4-2-5 so we'll leave that scholarship open.

We only have 16 scholarships available and 10 commits at the moment so I doubt we'll see a surprise pick up on signing day like Sydney Brown or the late push we had for a guy like Kerby Joseph. It honestly appears like the staff has been extending more 2020, 2021 and 2022 offers since the season ended.

There's still guys like Dominic Moore and Rajae Johnson who won't sign until next year and we still need to keep scholarships available for possible transfers like Thomas, Tate, Ford etc.
I wonder if any scholarships will go to walkons...bobek or marchese. I would guess new recruits come first. Also if anyone else transfers, use those.

#2,878      
I wonder if any scholarships will go to walkons...bobek or marchese. I would guess new recruits come first. Also if anyone else transfers, use those.

They usually wait until they know there will be no outside additions before they award those, right?

#2,879      
They usually wait until they know there will be no outside additions before they award those, right?

I think it depends on what they need. If a PWO gets considerable playing time, you may want to scholarship the player to keep them from leaving.

#2,880      
Judd looks like a good pickup. I enjoyed just watching him flatten people. WR's who can do that will get playing time.

#2,883      
FWIW my officiating crew worked one of the games on this highlight reel. I will preserve my secret identity from further revelations, but in reviewing this again I recall at least one of the more spectacular catches he made.

Better than a front row seat!

#2,888      
I think it depends on what they need. If a PWO gets considerable playing time, you may want to scholarship the player to keep them from leaving.
I remember marchese and walker? Getting awarded arounded xmas. So that's before the second signing period. I would assume there were a bunch of transfers already and we would not be able to reach full roster yet. Maybe they wait until after 2nd signing date and before spring semester starts now that I'm thinking about it as I type.

#2,889      
They won't have nearly as many open spots as last year. They currently have 5 or 6 open spots that they expect to fill.

#2,890      
I remember marchese and walker? Getting awarded arounded xmas. So that's before the second signing period. I would assume there were a bunch of transfers already and we would not be able to reach full roster yet. Maybe they wait until after 2nd signing date and before spring semester starts now that I'm thinking about it as I type.
Not too sure about the rules and actual numbers, but with 85 scholarship limit, 25 per class signing, and the small number of JR/Sr last year we may have had a few open scholarships we couldn't use on incoming recruits that were available for PWO, with us not having open schollies to hit 25 coming in the dynamics may have changed.

#2,891      

Deleted member 645583

D
re:Judd. Congratulations! Man, it seems you can catch the ball and that is something Illinois really needs. Run routes, sure; blazing speed, no. But you appear to be a solid football player and a most welcome addition to the team.

#2,892      

Neidermeyer

Faber College
re:Judd. Congratulations! Man, it seems you can catch the ball and that is something Illinois really needs. Run routes, sure; blazing speed, no. But you appear to be a solid football player and a most welcome addition to the team.

It also appears as though he grasps & enjoys the physicality of the position of WR. You don't see many HS wideouts pancaking people. Love it!

#2,893      
I really hope the kid Barnes from Gibson City accepts his PWO offer also. He can play also.

#2,894      
I really hope the kid Barnes from Gibson City accepts his PWO offer also. He can play also.

He is a solid player. I always think its good to have a few local kids walk on. If you get anything out of them year 3/4, all the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.