Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 633632

D
The offensive weaponary we could potentially line up on the field on every snap has me salivating!! 😋

Deleted member 654622

D
I am going to say we got Jeff Thomas accepted...which is really shocking if true

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Hmm... I'm kind of surprised that we have cooled on so many Trinity players. I mean ultimately I trust the coaching staff, but Ira seems to be a high major athlete.

If he wanted to come here, I feel like you stay on him. But maybe it was a resource/reward sort of decision.

Something like <15% he comes here, plus allocating xxx man hours to his recruitment PLUS he has injuries and weight issues means we cool on him.

Either that or we cooled because he didn’t want to come here.

Either way works I guess.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
Bro If we got Jeff Thomas accepted we are going to take off
yes, not so much because of what he adds on the field, but what it means for getting other guys in

if guys that were denied 5-6 years ago, like Thomas, can now get in, we will be able to get 3-4 guys a year, that up to now, were off limits

Deleted member 236589

D
Well, looks like we'll score, as we did last year, but will we be able to stop anyone, like we couldn't do last year. This team needs talent on all three levels of the defense badly.

IlliniFace

Chicago, IL
The caption under the article makes it sound like Ford is locked up too. There actual article makes no mention of Ford so I'm thinking they put the caption on from another article that is already written.

And there it is. Buzz kill...
giphy.gif

The caption under the article makes it sound like Ford is locked up too. There actual article makes no mention of Ford so I'm thinking they put the caption on from another article that is already written.

From what I’ve heard, we won’t hear anything until after Georgia’s bowl game.

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
Ha! Nice catch. Werner's had that problem in the past. 247 put up his "Tevian Jones Commits to Illinois" article before he actually announced IIRC.

Also: BOOM. We've got everything we need to put up points next year if QB play is even average (assuming Thomas gets a waiver).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.