Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some coach eventually will develop a successful 2 QB system that will be emulated. Being able to deliver the ball from multiple passing points could be quite advantageous...

Michael Love from Nazareth (little brother of All American Irish DB Julian Love), a 3*, commits to NIU.

The dude was electric in HS. Could play multiple positions in college (committed as a RB). Im starting to think NIU got a pretty good draft class this year, especially doing well with their IL commits.

I know many disagree with a 2 QB system, but I think that is exactly what we are going to see next season. Honestly, I think it is the best option and you want all your best options on the field. M.J. will have mastered the offense more and Williams will probably have a skimmed down set of plays he will run but I think you will see both getting snaps. I think this set up will make it nearly impossible to game plan for Illinois, particularly if Corbin returns and Thomas can play

This isn't going to happen. IW didn't choose Illinois so he could play the slot. Rod will go with IW and he will QB your Illini next season.

This isn't going to happen. IW didn't choose Illinois so he could play the slot. Rod will go with IW and he will QB your Illini next season.

I don't think he will play slot either. I said I think they will both get snaps at QB next season

It's always tough when your #2 QB requires a whole different package than your starter. Over the next 4 years, we'll develop a good understudy to IW who will be able to back him up and then take over for a couple years after he leaves. In the meantime, I love MJ too and his ability to zing it vertically.

Deleted member 654622

D
It's always tough when your #2 QB requires a whole different package than your starter. Over the next 4 years, we'll develop a good understudy to IW who will be able to back him up and then take over for a couple years after he leaves. In the meantime, I love MJ too and his ability to zing it vertically.
I agree with this. However, if you consider this year to have been a two package system, then it makes more sense. Rod had MJ throwing more and AJ running more. One could look at IW as just a small/faster version of AJ at this point. Then it would not be all that different

Dbell1981

Decatur, IL
One thing I noticed on Isaiah's highlights is he is great at scrambling when the blocking broke down yet he is fast enough to get out, plant his feet and deliver great passes downfield. I believe he is much better than AJ was at that but it remains to be seen if he can duplicate that in college football. It seemed like AJ ran the second things broke down with no thought of passing it. Man I hope Jeff can get that hardship waiver and play next year. If we can get big Larry back on the field along with Jeff Thomas and Isaiah Williams on offense, James Knight making plays on special teams. Tony Adams healthy on D and hopefully Shammond on board, we could really have some momentum in St. Louis. We need at least 6 wins this next year and we are cooking! Our line on both sides of the ball are gonna be pretty impressive looking going forward. I'm really excited for football season. Let's go ILLINI

I think IW can start from day 1 and be really effective. You don't have to get crazy with the playbook at first. I think you can run variations of about 15 plays at first and add more as the season goes. I just think he's a star and ready to prove it from the first day he steps on campus. IW and Corbin running the option will be a thing of beauty.

Illinivek23

Gurnee
I think IW can start from day 1 and be really effective. You don't have to get crazy with the playbook at first. I think you can run variations of about 15 plays at first and add more as the season goes. I just think he's a star and ready to prove it from the first day he steps on campus. IW and Corbin running the option will be a thing of beauty.

I think I want the guy making 700k (Rod) to make that call. I'm just looking forward to talented kids competing to make themselves and the team better. And more wins too!!

So how does that work. Coach I'm going to transfer but I'm still gunna practice with you all. You cool right?

At this point Georgia doesn’t want to see either player go and will try to sell them after the bowl game.

Transfer portal happened because most coaches don’t have transfer conversations until after the season. This allows players to say they are open to recruitment without getting a release. In this case the players will choose to stay or go after the conversation with their coach

I hope we aren't being played.

So how does that work. Coach I'm going to transfer but I'm still gunna practice with you all. You cool right?

Read on a UG related web site that Ford will practice, travel with the team, but cannot recall if it said he will not play or not likely to play.

I hope we aren't being played.

I don't know that "played" is the right term. I think, if the rumors are true, that Ford wants to come to Illinois. It doesn't mean that Smart won't be able to retain him after the season. His coach is leaving and his QB are leaving, but I don't think that Smart has put time into selling him on why to stay with Georgia. At the end of the season, Smart will likely make a pitch. Ford will listen and may choose to stay.

Georgia is stacked at Tight End so most of the fans don't care if he leaves because he is home sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.