Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Based off the 247 interview with Luke, sounds like Georgia told him it's unlikely he gets the waiver. I wonder how much of that is honesty and how much of that is them trying to get him to stay.

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
Based off the 247 interview with Luke, sounds like Georgia told him it's unlikely he gets the waiver. I wonder how much of that is honesty and how much of that is them trying to get him to stay.
Just read that and had the exact same thought. Thomas does have a much stronger case, since his daughter is in Illinois, but it doesn't seem like players and coaches have a much better grasp on who does/doesn't get these waivers than we do anymore.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL

FT35

Naperville
Then we'd have our Ayo on the football team to match the Ayo on the basketball team.
This would be another awesome add if it happens - really, really wanted him last year, but wasn't he the one who posted the video of the Illinois offer letter clearly burning in the fireplace or something like that?
Did he play at all with UT? Couldn't find much...

His bio says he participated in 4 games if you include the bowl game so he qualifies for the redshirt. He didn't record any stats, however.

https://texassports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8179

I have no idea if he's unhappy there but if he is then Illinois would make sense as a transfer destination. He visited us at least 5 times in 2017.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Then we'd have our Ayo on the football team to match the Ayo on the basketball team.
This would be another awesome add if it happens - really, really wanted him last year, but wasn't he the one who posted the video of the Illinois offer letter clearly burning in the fireplace or something like that?
Did he play at all with UT? Couldn't find much...

Yeah, he burned his other offers. Ours just happened to be front and center. Not sure if it was on purpose or not. Hopefully not...

I have never been this happy with an Illinois recruiting class at this point in time ever. Especially the past decade it seems like during Janurary and February we have been scrambling for some lower rated players to fill out positions of need and some diamonds in the rough that we can throw in to the fire immediately. With this incoming class, transfers, and players coming off redshirt I have rarely ever been as confident in an Illinois team. What are we even looking for now, a backup offensive lineman? A wide reciever with potential? Maybe an extra secondary player? Usually we are scrambling to find guys that obviously need some more time to develop but we have to let them compete immediately. Finally this year we can sit back and instead of grasping for that last minute commit, just enjoy that if another player comes then that’s icing on the cake, but if they’re isn’t anymore that we are ecstatic with this incoming group of players.

I have never been this happy with an Illinois recruiting class at this point in time ever. Especially the past decade it seems like during Janurary and February we have been scrambling for some lower rated players to fill out positions of need and some diamonds in the rough that we can throw in to the fire immediately. With this incoming class, transfers, and players coming off redshirt I have rarely ever been as confident in an Illinois team. What are we even looking for now, a backup offensive lineman? A wide reciever with potential? Maybe an extra secondary player? Usually we are scrambling to find guys that obviously need some more time to develop but we have to let them compete immediately. Finally this year we can sit back and instead of grasping for that last minute commit, just enjoy that if another player comes then that’s icing on the cake, but if they’re isn’t anymore that we are ecstatic with this incoming group of players.

I agree, but without waivers, 2020 is the year to look forward to.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
I have never been this happy with an Illinois recruiting class at this point in time ever.
I would disagree with you, but specifically due to personal experience. I was a sophomore in college when Arrelious Benn and Martez Wilson committed on November 9, 2006 and December 21, 2006 respectively. That 2007 recruiting class and the ensuing Rose Bowl were the highlights of my athletic experience (as a fan) at Illinois. I had very few highlights in my intramural/pickup athletic experience.

Joel Goodson

respect my decisionâ„¢
The results on the field aren't there yet, but, given our dramatically improving recruiting of late, our in-state status [insert joke here] should dramatically improve too [nowhere to go but up, amirite?]. It will be nice to no longer be the default safety school of many top recruits. It will be also be very nice to substantially reduce the ABI faction.

In the big scheme of things, where Illini players hail from doesn't much matter (compared to results), but in-state recruiting has been horrible lately. Our program will be stronger if that's rectified.

The results on the field aren't there yet, but, given our dramatically improving recruiting of late, our in-state status [insert joke here] should dramatically improve too [nowhere to go but up, amirite?]. It will be nice to no longer be the default safety school of many top recruits. It will be also be very nice to substantially reduce the ABI faction.

In the big scheme of things, where Illini players hail from doesn't much matter (compared to results), but in-state recruiting has been horrible lately. Our program will be stronger if that's rectified.

Assuming it doesn’t all start over next year.

Not overly confident in the waivers and our 2019 schedule is not easy. I’m quite convinced our window is 2020.

Deleted member 633632

D
I think everyone is freaking out a little too much about this waiver stuff man. Illini Paranoia I would call it. Luke was duuped. He's getting the waiver and so is Jeff...

We are in really good standing with the NCAA waiver dept. We're gonna be fine guys. Just let the process play out before freaking out please. 😎

I think everyone is freaking out a little too much about this waiver stuff man. Illini Paranoia I would call it. Luke was duuped. He's getting the waiver and so is Jeff...

We are in really good standing with the NCAA waiver dept. We're gonna be fine guys. Just let the process play out before freaking out please. 😎

Luke was duped by whom?

ILLINIShox24

Orange Krush '04 & '05
Luke was duped by whom?

No info but when the Georgia guy told him that there was no way he would get a waiver, I took that as trying to convince him to stay. Like hey you'll have to sit out a year so might as well stick around here. Hoping he gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.