Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,251      
So with addition of Richie I wonder if that changes things regarding Werner's tweet earlier this week that the staff was working on getting some visitors's lined up for later this month with the idea of finishing up the remainder of this class?

Great question. We've only got one open spot, assuming Jeff Thomas becomes "officially official" and we've heard the last of any potential internal transfers. If we choose to play the long game with Khalil Tate or someone currently outside the program, I have to imagine this ends our 2019 recruiting.

#1,252      
Great question. We've only got one open spot, assuming Jeff Thomas becomes "officially official" and we've heard the last of any potential internal transfers. If we choose to play the long game with Khalil Tate or someone currently outside the program, I have to imagine this ends our 2019 recruiting.
Could be a few more transfers out after spring ball.

#1,253      

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
This kid needs to work on his Latin before he comes to the Beloved.
This Latin phrase was actually the motto for my Christian school growing up. He didn't even spell the God portion correctly or capitalize it, which should be the most important part of the phrase, haha.

Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

#1,256      
Regarding Reggie Love and Illini in his Top 7, Autry Denson was recruiting him to Notre Dame. Denson has just accepted the HC position at Charleston Southern. Granted, Notre Dame is Notre Dame...and Denson leaving may not even matter. But that speaks to one of the things that Josh communicated when he extended Lovie.....continuity. I think that matters to some kids.

Yeah, not holding out hope for Love. If he has his way he will be donning a golden helmet next season...Especially with Dexter Williams leaving for the draft.

#1,259      

Deleted member 746094

D
#1,261      

Deleted member 29907

D
#1,262      

Deleted member 633632

D
Could be a few more transfers out after spring ball.

That's more so what I was thinking but hopefully im wrong. We'll see how aggressively the staff "finishes" or if they add anyone else in this class. Should be a strong indicator as to how many more potential exits we can expect...

#1,263      

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
And just like that, Reggie Love's Final 7 becomes a Final 6
Ha. What I meant was, "If you're going to post a Latin phrase that means 'To the greater glory of God,' you should at least get the portion of it correct that's referring to God."

#1,264      

TwoElevenEastDaniel

Cochrane's-Orchid-Tonic
This Latin phrase was actually the motto for my Christian school growing up. He didn't even spell the God portion correctly or capitalize it, which should be the most important part of the phrase, haha.

Ad maiorem Dei gloriam
The Jesuits. If nothing else, they make sure you know enough Latin to sound like a complete Richard at a dinner party.

(Pettibon went to Gonzaga in DC, another fine Jesuit school. He will do just fine.)

#1,268      
We should be expecting/demanding it.

Phillips is a big loss but he's the only loss from last year's two deep on the defensive side of the ball if you don't count B. Williams. That's probably why we're not seeing transfers targeted on that side of the ball.

A year of experience, S+C and two new coaches should help.

There's also the addition of guys like Eifler, V. Brown and Beason. We also need full years from Milan, Woods, Hobbs and Adams. Cooper could help out as a rotational LB.

If the defense can just get back to where they were in 2017 then we should win six games.

Addl Tate at QB and this team could win 8 or 9 games.

#1,269      

Deleted member 4960

D
Doesn’t really matter what others saw about the contract extension. JW believes in Lovie and has always said it was a process. You could tell after Lovie started playing all his recruits and we had the mass exodus. Recruiting has picked up after both Lovie and BW have had time to create relationships.

#1,272      
That's more so what I was thinking but hopefully im wrong. We'll see how aggressively the staff "finishes" or if they add anyone else in this class. Should be a strong indicator as to how many more potential exits we can expect...

I suppose the flip side of this is: Do we offer a spot to one that doesn't exist in hopes/ anticipation of a transfer? Or wait for a scholarship to open then offer. If one of our players is thinking about transferring, why wait, you know? Unless they're really on the fence and think it might work out and use spring ball as a gauge.

#1,274      
And with no change to the buyout, Whitman got to have his cake and eat it too. Masterful.
ElaborateDelayedDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.