Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
near Ogden & Rt 83
from some of you guys who are a little more tied into the scene, should we expect 3-5 LOI's on Wed ?

I know we have two verbal commitments , so we should get at least two.
I know we can over sign by 1 or 2 if needed, as 1 or 2 more "casualties" always seem to manifest themselves by June.
I'm hoping for 1 or 2 real legit surprises, maybe one a real home run.

24/7 says that Shenault is committing somewhere, tonight @ 8:30 our time. He just came off a Colorado visit, timing doesn't look good.

Little Rock, Arkansas
24/7 says that Shenault is committing somewhere, tonight @ 8:30 our time. He just came off a Colorado visit, timing doesn't look good.
Yup. His close friend and his brother (I think?) play in Boulder right? That has to be a huge draw along with whatever CU’s normal pitch will be.

Looks like the CBs are shifting towards Colorado.

Last edited:
Little Rock, Arkansas
I think this is definitely good for us...in that he isn’t making a late night emotional decision laced with fatigue and recent memories of his Boulder visit.

Making this decision in the morning will help us.

But I still think he goes to Boulder.

I think this is definitely good for us...in that he isn’t making a late night emotional decision laced with fatigue and recent memories of his Boulder visit.

Making this decision in the morning will help us.

But I still think he goes to Boulder.

I agree with this. The fact that he's thinking this over means that Illinois made an impression on him. Otherwise, why didn't he just commit to Colorado tonight?

We're obviously still a long shot here and I'm not getting my hopes up since Colorado had the last visit.

So any ideas about tomorrow? Are we solid with Shammond still? Hoping for some surprises, Shenault would qualify, Rajae would be nice also. At least 1 OL, DB, and LB would be awesome. Is there 1 more left? Thoughts please.

So any ideas about tomorrow? Are we solid with Shammond still? Hoping for some surprises, Shenault would qualify, Rajae would be nice also. At least 1 OL, DB, and LB would be awesome. Is there 1 more left? Thoughts please.
How absolutely funny would it be if Miles Smith flipped some big time recruit and signed with us. Totally not saying it is going to happen. I just think it would be awesome considering the negativity

Status
Not open for further replies.