Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 746094

D
Two things:

1) Did he throw away an Iowa hat before putting on the LittyvILLe hat? Or was that Mizzou? Please let it be a Mizzou hat;
and
2) Can we get a vote to make the LittyvILLe hats the official hat ceremony hats?

Was he being recruited by Florida? Noticed mom had a University of Florida sweatshirt on.

Great job by Lovie and staff. Just too bad EJ isn’t coming with!

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Really wish Shammond was part of today’s festivities, but really looking forward to adding him to this class either way. Excited to watch his announcement after the new year.

Clark was bashed by many as not being able to coach but he sure can recruit!
That’s what he was hired for. Coaching can improve learning under Lovie. But young and charmastic you catch get enough. Of guys like him. He worked his tail off on trail

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Anyone know if Kyron is gonna sign today? Really hoping so. I want him to be our Tarik Cohen 2.0. Really happy about Randolph, though!

Great win on Randolph. Florida State tried to sneak in at the last minute as well which make this a even bigger win.

Hoping Cumby signs today. Lovie was asked about him on live BTN coverage of Signing Day, and he had to say something along the lines of "Kyron is not one of our commitments (yet - I think he said yet), so let's focus on this group." I believe that is a rule that he skillfully followed, but it was awkward.

Come on down and sign, Kyron!

Deleted member 649710

D
In terms of talent-on-paper, Lovie's three classes get us back on a competitive level with most of our division. Still a step behind Wisconsin and Nebraska, but a lot closer than the five previous classes 2012-2016. When his first class are seniors in 2020, we should have a full two-deep of BIG caliber athletes for the first time in a decade. That's good. Of course, still need to coach 'em up, and the kids need to take care of their business in class and weight room.

Has there been known contact with AD Miller? I know he was previously committed before flipping to OU, but wasn't that under Beckman? It seems like kids are more about the relationships with the coach than the actual school so just wondering if there is mutual interest here.

Luke Ford, Thomas, AD Miller, Tate - Would any of these transfers be able to play next year?

There are probably far better people that can answer that, but based on my understanding, Thomas will be trying for a hardship waiver (moving closer to home), and Tate is going to be trying to be a grad transfer, but he has some work to do on his end to get enough credits to do that since he is technically a junior. So those two might be immediately eligible. However, from my understanding, Ford and AD Miller would have to sit out unless Ford attempts for a hardship waiver (again, moving closer to home as a possibility).

Whose the DL that verbally committed to IL that i thought was about 6'7 , 270 ? Maybe, i have the height and weight mixed up.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
There are probably far better people that can answer that, but based on my understanding, Thomas will be trying for a hardship waiver (moving closer to home), and Tate is going to be trying to be a grad transfer, but he has some work to do on his end to get enough credits to do that since he is technically a junior. So those two might be immediately eligible. However, from my understanding, Ford and AD Miller would have to sit out unless Ford attempts for a hardship waiver (again, moving closer to home as a possibility).

Miller would be a grad transfer.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
Has there been known contact with AD Miller? I know he was previously committed before flipping to OU, but wasn't that under Beckman? It seems like kids are more about the relationships with the coach than the actual school so just wondering if there is mutual interest here.

Miller went to Bishop Dunne high school, same as Calvin Avery, Kievan Meyers, and Marquez Beason (until he transferred for his senior year), so Hayes-Stoker has a good relationship there which is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.