Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a crime if the NCAA doesn’t give Thomas a waiver based on how we let Tilmon out of his letter and were onboard with Smith playing this year for the tiggers.

Deleted member 236589

D
And there it is. Buzz kill...
Sorry!! Lol

I just remember us scoring 20-30 points vs Nebraska and Wisconsin and losing!

I love offense, which we are most definitely going to have. Great playmakers!

Just want to see that same speed and explosiveness with our linebackers, corners and safeties. We get four or five playmakers on that side of the ball to go with this offense....we really have something going on.

I'm as excited as everyone else with the new additions.

A factor the NCAA will use is likely competitiveness. Going from Miami to Illinois more paliable, than going from Illinois to Miami and requesting immediate eligibility. These factors are in Jeff's favor.

Illinois home state school and relatively close. Illinois not a powerhouse ad mentioned above. Also a decrease in usage at his previous school. Lastly, a personal story/hardship.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
A factor the NCAA will use is likely competitiveness. Going from Miami to Illinois more paliable, than going from Illinois to Miami and requesting immediate eligibility. These factors are in Jeff's favor.

Illinois home state school and relatively close. Illinois not a powerhouse ad mentioned above. Also a decrease in usage at his previous school. Lastly, a personal story/hardship.

Yes, there's a strong case for granting the waiver. Not considering it a done deal though, 'cause we're Illinois.

Ha! Nice catch. Werner's had that problem in the past. 247 put up his "Tevian Jones Commits to Illinois" article before he actually announced IIRC.

Also: BOOM. We've got everything we need to put up points next year if QB play is even average (assuming Thomas gets a waiver).

Does this mean we can celebrate Ford? Or do we have to wait?

Dbell1981

Decatur, IL
This offense is gonna be amazing soon. Like someone else mentioned, decent qb play and we are set. Thomas, Williams, Smalling, Cumby, Beason on rare occasion, possibly Ford to go with this line! Getting big Larry back will be nice too. Corbin and Epstein! Lots of players that can make HUGE plays. Next year is gonna be fun. 2020 even more! Go Illini! I'll have my football ready on fan appreciation day for all these future pros.

Dunno about the article but Ford to the Illini is happening. I don't know when it'll be official.
Based on?

Sorry, seems like I took too long a break from following recruiting. Who is our QB next year? Schedule looks a little tough, but sounds like we've got a decent WR and if Epstein is healthy we have solid running and passing options, which is something we have not had in some time.

Deleted member 746094

D
So if Thomas is granted waiver he technically has two years of eligibility, correct? If he has to sit, then he will only have 2020 season?

Besides Ford- are there other transfers already out there that may see what looks to be materializing in C/U and look our way?

This offense is gonna be amazing soon. Like someone else mentioned, decent qb play and we are set. Thomas, Williams, Smalling, Cumby, Beason on rare occasion, possibly Ford to go with this line! Getting big Larry back will be nice too. Corbin and Epstein! Lots of players that can make HUGE plays. Next year is gonna be fun. 2020 even more! Go Illini! I'll have my football ready on fan appreciation day for all these future pros.
Who is Williams?

So if Thomas is granted waiver he technically has two years of eligibility, correct? If he has to sit, then he will only have 2020 season?

Besides Ford- are there other transfers already out there that may see what looks to be materializing in C/U and look our way?
AD Miller- WR transfer from Oklahoma. Not sure though if Thomas's commitment will affect it

Based on?

Sorry, seems like I took too long a break from following recruiting. Who is our QB next year? Schedule looks a little tough, but sounds like we've got a decent WR and if Epstein is healthy we have solid running and passing options, which is something we have not had in some time.
Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies. Based on information that I believe to be credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.