Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the latest with Powell and Johnson? I know they visited for the WIU game.

I've been afraid to ask because of how this season went and because of how fractured the relationship is/was at ESL. These guys are talented and are at positions of need.

I'm guessing this is also dependent on how things go with Thomas and Estes?

I've also been hearing that Hawthorne could be a GA at Illinois this fall? I really hope this happens and leads to him getting a position on the staff later on.

Terry Hawthorne? That would be awesome!

Deleted member 654622

D
The relationship with Lovie was more important than the results on the field which is why that meeting was so great.

Both of them are up for grabs and they are two kids who would love to go to the same school. They are truly like brothers.
Can someone fill me in on the origin of the apparent disconnect that existed between the two?

I’m just thinking now the elusiveness of Isaiah and Reggie in the Backfield. Thomas and Ford catching passes. Our offensive line mauling. I’m salivating at the future of our offense. We are going to score ALOT. Only problem is we are going to get scored on ALOT.

Don't underestimate the importance of coaching. Our offense would have been a little better this year because everyone was back with a years maturity. It was exponentially better because of our hire at OC.

Lovie has the money for a top shelf guy, find a top shelf guy.

It looks like Luke Ford just posted a picture on Twitter of him wearing an Illini uniform. Merry Christmas fellow Illini fans!!

I do not see it on his account:
https://twitter.com/lukeredx97?lang=en

That picture was there on a "fake" account, but the picture has since been "deleted". However, at last check it had:

If it's in you...it's in you. #Illini x #Littyville
1f536.png
1f537.png

https://twitter.com/illluke23

BTW, Renegade19 had posted the tweet in the Hoops recruiting thread and he has since deleted that post. The pictures that Renegade19 posted, and the one you posted, can be found on the internet. Those pics are from Luke's visit to UoI 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's a fake account or not. Ryan Evan and Aarmon Sethi are 2 of his followers.

"Fake" in the sense it is not Luke Ford, the TE rumored to be attempting to transfer to UoI.

Your post does seem to be legit, in that the "TM" appended to Luke's name. However, I cannot find that picture in the actual Luke's account and that picture is old.

Anyways, either way, Merry Christmas.

"Fake" in the sense it is not Luke Ford, the TE rumored to be attempting to transfer to UoI.

Your post does seem to be legit, in that the "TM" appended to Luke's name. However, I cannot find that picture in the actual Luke's account and that picture is old.

Anyways, either way, Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas to you as well!!

I do not see it on his account:
https://twitter.com/lukeredx97?lang=en

That picture was there on a "fake" account, but the picture has since been "deleted". However, at last check it had:

https://twitter.com/illluke23

BTW, Renegade19 had posted the tweet in the Hoops recruiting thread and he has since deleted that post. The pictures that Renegade19 posted, and the one you posted, can be found on the internet. Those pics are from Luke's visit to UoI 2 years ago.
You're absolutely right. My bad. He's gonna be an Illini though.

ND QB Brandon Wimbush to transfer. Any chance, he considers us? If so, will the staff go after him?

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...imbush-notre-dame-fighting-irish-transfer-cfp

Not sure we can pass up a once highly recruited duel threat qb with college success.

IW is going to have a steep learning curve. Think he plays the slot and wild cat situations to start. Possibly gets more reos as season progresses. Like are other qb as well, good passer with some running ability.

FT35

Naperville
Made Jadon Thompson's top 6! Saw a quote that sounds like Denver Warren is pretty interested in us! Merry Christmas!

I believe AJ Henning and him want to play together. They both visited Purdue recently.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Williams, as mentioned by OC Smith is going to play QB for the Illini. When that happens is TBD, but they won't lose a year of eligibility by putting him at the slot.

Yep. Cumby's going to be in the slot and Smith is going to get him the ball. Sure, Williams will play the slot occasionally, if he isn't the QB.

Williams, as mentioned by OC Smith is going to play QB for the Illini. When that happens is TBD, but they won't lose a year of eligibility by putting him at the slot.

I know many disagree with a 2 QB system, but I think that is exactly what we are going to see next season. Honestly, I think it is the best option and you want all your best options on the field. M.J. will have mastered the offense more and Williams will probably have a skimmed down set of plays he will run but I think you will see both getting snaps. I think this set up will make it nearly impossible to game plan for Illinois, particularly if Corbin returns and Thomas can play

I know many disagree with a 2 QB system, but I think that is exactly what we are going to see next season. Honestly, I think it is the best option and you want all your best options on the field. M.J. will have mastered the offense more and Williams will probably have a skimmed down set of plays he will run but I think you will see both getting snaps. I think this set up will make it nearly impossible to game plan for Illinois, particularly if Corbin returns and Thomas can play

I agree with this assessment. I really think most people don’t care as long as we are winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.