Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our AD has gone out of his way to make life easy for anyone leaving us, so i think we are looked on favorably for guys coming in. Great move by Josh.

If I was an athlete trying to be immediately eligible, I would present the Mark Smith case as precedent for the NCAA granting hardship waivers due to literally any reason whatsoever.

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
I posted this yeaterday

a waiver can be granted if the following conditions are met :
a. The transfer is due to documented mitigating circumstances that are outside the student-athlete’s control and directly impact the health, safety and well-being of the student-athlete;

b. At the time of transfer to the certifying institution, the student-athlete would have been athletically and academically eligible and in good standing on the team had he or she remained at the previous institution;

c. The certifying institution must certify that the student-athlete meets percentage-of-degree requirements; and

d. The previous institution’s athletics administration does not oppose the transfer.

officially, it has nothing to do with what school you are going to . My guess is one lad gets the waiver and one doesn't. just my guess. Because we are Illinois and not Michigan, there is no way we get both , right ?

Last edited:

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
I posted this yeaterday

a waiver can be granted if the following conditions are met :
a. The transfer is due to documented mitigating circumstances that are outside the student-athlete’s control and directly impact the health, safety and well-being of the student-athlete;

b. At the time of transfer to the certifying institution, the student-athlete would have been athletically and academically eligible and in good standing on the team had he or she remained at the previous institution;

c. The certifying institution must certify that the student-athlete meets percentage-of-degree requirements; and

d. The previous institution’s athletics administration does not oppose the transfer.

officially, it has nothing to do with what school you are going to . My guess is one lad gets the waiver and one doesn't. just my guess. Because we are Illinois and not Michigan, there is no way we get both , right ?

Agreed. Georgia is pretty salty over Ford leaving.

FT35

Naperville
Dominic Moore says he is signing in February and is deciding between New Mexico and Illinois:

https://edgytim.rivals.com/news/moore-will-sign-in-february

It will be interesting to see if he ends up taking an OV here. I thought he took an OV to New Mexcio before the December signing period?

Probably a lot going on here with Moore's academic situation and/or our lack of scholarships? Sounds like it could be down to Moore and Woods for one of the last two scholarships with the last one remaining open for Tate.

I also noticed that Simeon QB Alante Brown picked up a Florida offer. Is he not signing with Michigan State? I thought he was originally from East Lansing which is why he was heading there.

Agreed. Georgia is pretty salty over Ford leaving.

I'm not so sure that Georgia is as salty as was mentioned on this board. They were recruiting Tight ends this year telling recruits that two Tight Ends were leaving. Nauta left early for the draft and Ford was wavering when Beamen left. They still have Woerner and Fitzpatrick and Goede coming in all of which are stud tight ends.

I actually think Miami is angry about the transfer and will block any transfer.

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
Tate is the only one I want. And I primarily want him to teach Isaiah Williams how to run the offense. By example, and at practice. That would set us up for four or five years of outstanding QB play. Can you imagine such nirvana?
no. which is why we wont get it

Illinifan533

Normal, Illinois
Because we can't have good things, there are rumors and speculation swirling around on Twitter about Jeff Thomas. He apparently hasn't enrolled at U of I yet and is still in Miami.

Also, he has removed "University of Illinois" from his twitter bio and has apparently deleted the tweet about transferring to Illinois. I really hope this is all pure speculation... :cautious:

So ar we 100% sure Jeff Thomas is coming? I know he signed, but there is rumblings on twitter he didnt enroll and is still in Miami?

FT35

Naperville
Regarding JT....I was with a higher up st Illinois today and he gave no indication that anything was wrong. But who knows.

He removed his commitment video and any Illinois mentions from his Twitter page. Can't imagine why he'd do that if something wasn't up.

I wonder if Richt retiring and the subsequent coaching changes lead to him getting back on the team? Makes sense since now he doesn't have to worry about a waiver if he sticks with Miami.

I guess we have another scholarship available :sick:

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
He removed his commitment video and any Illinois mentions from his Twitter page. Can't imagine why he'd do that if something wasn't up.

I wonder if Richt retiring and the subsequent coaching changes lead to him getting back on the team? Makes sense since now he doesn't have to worry about a waiver if he sticks with Miami.

I guess we have another scholarship available :sick:
This would suck. Only way it would be worse is if he went to... miznoz.

Any chance the JT news has anything to do with Illinois not wanting Estes?

yeah, that doesn't seem to bode well. So if this goes as expected and we don't get JT, makes getting AD Miller all that much more important, but still stings.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
It's probably more like the new Miami coaching staff realized what they were possibly losing, got rid of anyone/everyone who had issues with Thomas, and begged him to stay. This doesn't look good. No Illinois stuff on his social media is a pretty telling indicator. Who had a better career at Illinois, Eric Gordon or Jeff Thomas?

I’m gonna hope this is just Miami grasping at straws...but the fact he removed any mention of UofI from Twitter is strange...

Deleted member 746094

D
Maybe his IL twitter posts just got lost in The Cloud???

Status
Not open for further replies.