Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,354      
Never felt JT would see the field as an Illini even if he enrolled. Need players who will contribute on the field and committed to the team.

#1,355      

illiniCA

DC Area
His best chance to get drafted high has nothing to do with Lovie Smith. If things with the Miami coaching staff wouldn't have gone south last year, none of this would have even been a rumor or happened at all. He would have just stayed at Miami and played next year. His best chance of getting drafted is continuing to perform well on the college football field, and Miami provides visibility that Illinois doesn't, just because it's Miami. Finishing at Miami was always his best option, assuming the relationship was good.

The worst thing that happened to Illinois through all this was Richt retiring and an entirely new staff coming in. If that doesn't happen, Thomas is an Illini.

Fair enough. I thought people might be worried about “Jeff Thomas being Jeff Thomas” but he’s so talented it probably doesn’ matter

#1,357      
zGHQb4O.gif

#1,370      
Is anyone really surprised by this whole situation? If you watched the 89 blocks documentary it was quite apparent this individual did what he wanted, when he wanted. My question is how was he eligible to play IHSA football games when he disappeared from school for multiple weeks?

#1,372      
How’s the time to challenge Miami to a home and home!! Or maybe a spring scrimmage! The Jeff Thomas bowl! Would have been a good comment a few days ago...
Better in January than June/July/August

#1,373      
I understand the disappointment and frustration but picking Jeff Thomas apart and pouncing upon or even fabricating any of his perceived weaknesses isn't going to help this situation. Turning Manny Diaz and his Miami staff into the Anti-Christ isn't going to help this situation. This chain of events leaves us all with a bad taste in our mouths but I for one will not allow it to stain what has to date been the best off-season I've seen in a decade plus. I wholeheartedly, wish Thomas the best of luck.

Three open scholarships and some good kids/transfer still to target. My eyes are focused there.

Status
Not open for further replies.