Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,452      

FT35

Naperville
Hojo didn't play a big part in the robbery if I remember it correctly. It was really spearheaded by Holcombe and Lee while Watkins was just tagging along.

They really had no choice but to kick him off the team.

I wouldn't mind seeing the staff give him another chance. The problem is that he's really only getting FCS interest right now which tells you why he wants to come back to Illinois. I'd also rather see us use that scholarship on a HS OL as opposed to a JUCO OL. We are already projected to have 28 Juniors on the roster this fall so adding Watkins doesn't help with class balance.

#1,454      

Deleted member 654622

D
Hojo didn't play a big part in the robbery if I remember it correctly. It was really spearheaded by Holcombe and Lee while Watkins was just tagging along.

They really had no choice but to kick him off the team.

I wouldn't mind seeing the staff give him another chance. The problem is that he's really only getting FCS interest right now which tells you why he wants to come back to Illinois. I'd also rather see us use that scholarship on a HS OL as opposed to a JUCO OL. We are already projected to have 28 Juniors on the roster this fall so adding Watkins doesn't help with class balance.
Ya I forgot about who was all involved in that situation and his name didn't ring a bell to me on twitter. His tweet just made me curious on who he was.

#1,459      

FT35

Naperville
Somebody with more intelligence would have to answer that question. I'm saying he just went down there, allocating his time somewhere else

My guess is that Lovie is in Champaign right now possibly interviewing assistants.

Also absent from this picture are Miles Smith and Robert Wright which means that they are probably no longer assistants.

I wonder if the hires are done and they just need to be announced? I was honestly expecting to hear something today or tomorrow.

#1,466      
I don't like that

Feels like Mrs. Cooper cheated on us making FSU all that good food lol.

Hopefully we are still keeping press on Cooper until signing day. Don’t want FSU to have a hint of outworking us this last month

#1,474      

FT35

Naperville
Anytime a player takes a visit it's worrisome. I mean, Verdis Brown almost committed to Missouri late in the recruiting process. You never know what these schools are going to tell these kids on these visits.

That being said, FSU already has 3LBs committed in this class and is going to have 10+ recruits on campus when Shammond visits. I'd be more worried if he was visiting Oklahoma as it's clear to an outsider like myself that that's where he'd prefer to be. They don't have a scholarship for him at this time, however.

If Shammond really wants early playing time then this is the place to get it.

#1,475      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
With this perpetual need at LB, I'm surprised the staff only has two offers out on 2020 LBs. One of those offers is a pipe dream: 3rd overall recruit in the country in an area that Illinois has not excelled (CA). The other is right in the staff's target area: Antonio Doyle, LB from Lutheran North in STL. He's on a similar rank as Cooper and already has quite a few good offers (Texas A&M, Nebraska, Kentucky, Mizzou). Would be a great recruiting win. But again, why only two offers? I know it's early, but it's already one of the positions with the least amount of offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.