Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,702      
How absolutely funny would it be if Miles Smith flipped some big time recruit and signed with us. Totally not saying it is going to happen. I just think it would be awesome considering the negativity
That would be absolutely funny and awesome, as would a flying unicorn delivering a pot of gold to my doorstep.

#1,703      

Deleted member 654622

D
That would be absolutely funny and awesome, as would a flying unicorn delivering a pot of gold to my doorstep.
I'd settle for the pot of gold to my doorstep, I don't give an ish who delivers it.
Unless it's Miles Smith with his big time flipped recruit....

#1,705      
How absolutely funny would it be if Miles Smith flipped some big time recruit and signed with us. Totally not saying it is going to happen. I just think it would be awesome considering the negativity

Miles was the one that discovered LB Tarique Barnes. If he turns out to be a good player, Miles should get some of the credit.

#1,709      

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
the lad seems like he has it together. I hope his mom and dad both have decent jobs because the out of state tuition at UI is hefty , should he pick us

#1,710      
the lad seems like he has it together. I hope his mom and dad both have decent jobs because the out of state tuition at UI is hefty , should he pick us

Don't out of state PWOs get some type of tuition assistance to equalize tuition to in-state rates?

#1,711      

illini80

Forgottonia
Don't out of state PWOs get some type of tuition assistance to equalize tuition to in-state rates?
Geez I would think so but have no knowledge. Few kids from my area go to UofI anymore because basically every out of state college offers them instate tuition anymore so it’s cheaper for the kids to go out of state.

#1,712      

That sounds a lot like a partial scholarship. Which is not a thing in football, and not a thing that walk ons get.

#1,717      
That’s not a partial scholarship.

I feel pretty comfortable describing paying an amount less than 100% of an athlete's tuition because they are on the football team as a "partial scholarship". Which is against several rules.

If you think it is something else, please, cite the rule that you referring to.

#1,718      
I feel pretty comfortable describing paying an amount less than 100% of an athlete's tuition because they are on the football team as a "partial scholarship". Which is against several rules.

A scholarship is covering tuition. Charging in-state rates does not qualify as a scholarship.

I don’t know if pwo get them, but I know it is not a scholarship in academia.

#1,719      

I don't know a whole lot about this topic, but I do know there are such things as academic scholarships, leadership scholarships, free room and board and things of that nature. Also, these players do get to eat with the teams so therefore they're essentially getting free meals, huge bonus. Dlll cannot offer athletic scholarships, but they can offer these sort of things and they do that to bring in players for various sports. Also, I would think a PWO gets some sort of help or they would be considered a walk-on, possibly? Not arguing what so ever as I am not an expert here, just bouncing off ideas.

#1,720      
Since today is the regular signing period,

Has cooper or Barnes signed their loi yet?
How are we expecting to sign today? We have 3 open scholarships, right? Or am I misremembering that number?

#1,722      
Since today is the regular signing period,

Has cooper or Barnes signed their loi yet?
How are we expecting to sign today? We have 3 open scholarships, right? Or am I misremembering that number?

Per Werner, expected to sign 2 including Shammond, anything else would be a surprise.

#1,724      
A scholarship is covering tuition. Charging in-state rates does not qualify as a scholarship.

I don’t know if pwo get them, but I know it is not a scholarship in academia.

That's a made up definition, and charging someone less than the normal amount of tuition would be covering tuition. That would be covering the difference between in state and out of state.

The NCAA is pretty clear on what financial aid is - funds provided to student-athletes from various sources to pay or assist in paying their cost of education at the institution, see bylaws 15.02.05.

But it doesn't matter, because the program you are trying to say exists doesn't exist.

#1,725      

Deleted member 649710

D
Can’t believe how anti climatic Signing Day has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.