Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,726      
That's a made up definition, and charging someone less than the normal amount of tuition would be covering tuition. That would be covering the difference between in state and out of state.

The NCAA is pretty clear on what financial aid is - funds provided to student-athletes from various sources to pay or assist in paying their cost of education at the institution, see bylaws 15.02.05.

But it doesn't matter, because the program you are trying to say exists doesn't exist.

You can say what you want. I’m not saying anything about athletics.

But I do know that every school I attended offered me in-state rates, despite not living in state or receiving a scholarship and I have a lot of degrees.

#1,736      
That's a made up definition, and charging someone less than the normal amount of tuition would be covering tuition. That would be covering the difference between in state and out of state.

The NCAA is pretty clear on what financial aid is - funds provided to student-athletes from various sources to pay or assist in paying their cost of education at the institution, see bylaws 15.02.05.

But it doesn't matter, because the program you are trying to say exists doesn't exist.
DIII can't offer scholarships yet my son got in-state tuition to run track/xc at a DIII school. It may not have been specifically tied to athletics, but they do it all the time. It's a NCAA loophole.

#1,739      
DIII can't offer scholarships yet my son got in-state tuition to run track/xc at a DIII school. It may not have been specifically tied to athletics, but they do it all the time. It's a NCAA loophole.

Yes, and if a D1 team tried to give every football walkon that deal, they would get hammered by the NCAA. No where in your son's paperwork did it say he had to run track.

#1,740      

Deleted member 649710

D
Surprised there’s not another OL. I mean couldn’t they at least find a project from somewhere? Depth seems to be an issue at that position; would like to see at least 2 more rostered. Hope they add a JUCO or other transfer there. Also wouldn’t mind seeing a WR with good hands added. Happy with everything else they did on defensive side of the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
#1,741      
Surprised there’s not another OL. I mean couldn’t they at least find a project from somewhere? Depth seems to be an issue at that position; would like to see at least 2 more rostered. Hope they add a JUCO or other transfer there. Also wouldn’t mind seeing a WR with good hands added. Happy with everything else they did on defensive side of the ball.
Most of our targets commits elsewhere

#1,742      

Was definitely hoping for another OL and another DB, we'll see if anything shakes out there as the day wraps. I feel good about where we are at the offensive skills positions.

Overall, no matter how you slice, what an amazing recruiting period it has been. Far exceeded my initial expectations.

#1,746      

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
that's apples to oranges
its totally different rules between FBS, FCS, DII & DIII .

Im not saying a walk on who had a 36 ACT and was tops in his class couldn't get an academic scholarship, but the NCAA is hip to all the games schools played back in the day , by finding some very average walk ons free money when the same student who wasnt a walk on couldn't get it.

#1,747      
that's apples to oranges
its totally different rules between FBS, FCS, DII & DIII .

Im not saying a walk on who had a 36 ACT and was tops in his class couldn't get an academic scholarship, but the NCAA is hip to all the games schools played back in the day , by finding some very average walk ons free money when the same student who wasnt a walk on couldn't get it.

I know they charge all players in state tuition rates. In other words, they don’t scholarship out of state rates. I also know that most non monetary grad school students receive in state tuition rates, whether or not they are on scholarship. Given how in-state vs out of state tuition is assessed, I would be more inclined to believe that walkons are charged in state tuition rates.

#1,748      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
One recruit from Illinois that fell off the radar and hasn't signed with anyone is Jarcadia Wright. I thought his size would be intriguing for Lovie's preference for defensive backs, but Wright never seemed connected to UI. He also hasn't signed with anyone.

#1,749      

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
I know they charge all players in state tuition rates. In other words, they don’t scholarship out of state rates. I also know that most non monetary grad school students receive in state tuition rates, whether or not they are on scholarship. Given how in-state vs out of state tuition is assessed, I would be more inclined to believe that walkons are charged in state tuition rates.
that very well may be.
the UI charges the AthDept in state tuition for the schollies. I do know that , and its regardless of where the player comes from.
I would still be surprised if a walk on or preferred walk on got that deal, but I don't know.
I also know the walk ons and PWO's cant even sniff the training table. They eat with the regular students , on their own dime.

#1,750      

Deleted member 649710

D
Ira Henry signs with FSU. Good for him. I guess.

What's our deal with RaJae Johnson - still interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.