Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,876      

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Assuming this tweet is true and not made up, it looks pretty bad for Rivals. Looking forward to their comment. I'm not sure I get the indignation at 247. It seems the composite ranking is just running its algorithm quickly and correctly.
I've found screen shots of his Twitter which is deleted now but not his rivals profile which is for sure gone by now.

#1,877      

Deleted member 631370

D
Assuming this tweet is true and not made up, it looks pretty bad for Rivals. Looking forward to their comment. I'm not sure I get the indignation at 247. It seems the composite ranking is just running its algorithm quickly and correctly.

Rivals has a bad, bad reputation for this kind of stuff.

Mike Farrell -- the head guy over at Rivals -- is a piece of work. Dude has apparented tweeted kids asking them to DM him if they want to be recognized -- presumably a quid pro quo in which he ups their profile, and they give him privileged info. And his bias is pretty well known.

247 actually tweeted out a few things today in which they defended the composite rankings in the interest of transparency and reduction of bias. They're also overhauling the way they advertise/explain their rankings, which is a far cry from Rivals' Mike Farrell system.

Take 247 over Rivals on football anyday.

#1,878      

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Mookie Cooper with another CB to Texas. (from Allen Trieu)

Still at 100% Texas.

#1,891      

FT35

Naperville
Is that our new O line coach with CPat?????

Plohr says he doesn't know who the OL coach is going to be:

https://247sports.com/college/illin...ommits-to-Illini-during-late-visit-129189834/

Plohr committed to Illinois without knowing his position coach. Illinois is expected to fill Butkus' vacancy in the next week or so.

“I’m not too sure who it’s going to be,” Plohr said. “I trust Coach Rod Smith’s going to get us a great o-line coach, and we’ll see how it goes from there.”

Barnes is the one who let us know that Miles Smith would be the LB coach. If Plohr doesn't know who the OL coach is going to be then I doubt it's McClain unless Plohr was told to keep it quiet.

Illinois has interesting connections to CBC. Patterson was a coach there before he took over as the Head Coach at TCHS. Randolph played basketball at CBC before transferring to Belleville West so he was in the same class as Plohr.

#1,894      
I might take some flak for this on this board but I love those uniforms. I was unconvinced last year when they were first released but they’ve grown on me every time I’ve seen them since.

#1,896      

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
I might take some flak for this on this board but I love those uniforms. I was unconvinced last year when they were first released but they’ve grown on me every time I’ve seen them since.

Agreed, although I say it a lot, still think the gray ghosts would be better with orange replacing the navy.

#1,897      

Deleted member 654622

D
Do we have any recruits coming in next weekend? I would think the recent success of the basketball program could be an asset with recruiting. I would think the State Farm Center will be pretty packed with a vibrant environment that we would want some potential football players to bear witness to.

#1,898      

Deleted member 645583

D
In the immortal words of the Moody Blues, it's a "Question of Balance" as far as uniforms are concerned. Loved the white-blue-white when ILL destroyed MINN - if memory serves.

#1,899      
Just saw that Illini offered Nae'saan Dickerson, WR from GA. According to 247, Illinois has 31 offers out to WRs. Hmmm, might be a priority huh?

#1,900      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Just saw that Illini offered Nae'saan Dickerson, WR from GA. According to 247, Illinois has 31 offers out to WRs. Hmmm, might be a priority huh?

Was just about to comment that offers for the 2020 class are coming MUCH FASTER and frequent than 2019 and 2018 class offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.