Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Taking another look at the top prospects in IL and STL, getting Cooper and Love would help alleviate any losses of the other skill position players that aren't looking as good (Henning, Jadon Thompson, Jordan Thompson). Next step would be closing on a couple line prospects. Marcus Harper and Kevo Wesley will be big targets for the coaching staff and probably the one of the few opportunities of snagging good in-state prospects (barring a change).

FT35

Naperville
Taking another look at the top prospects in IL and STL, getting Cooper and Love would help alleviate any losses of the other skill position players that aren't looking as good (Henning, Jadon Thompson, Jordan Thompson). Next step would be closing on a couple line prospects. Marcus Harper and Kevo Wesley will be big targets for the coaching staff and probably the one of the few opportunities of snagging good in-state prospects (barring a change).

Harper just transferred to Simeon so I don't know if that is good or bad for us? The last recruit we landed from there appears to be Nate Palmer back in 2008.

We got in early on Wesley so I hope that helps us with him as he's picked up some nice offers recently.

I'm not sure if Wesley and Harper are in a hurry to end their recruitments. Wesley just started playing football last year and wants to take more visits. Harper just started getting a lot of attention last month and probably wants to enjoy the recruiting process.

I like Josh Baker of Eureka, MO. Doesn't have any other P5 offers and we have to land a Center to replace Kramer after 2020 so hopefully he sees the opportunity there. This is a guy it would be nice to close on.

We have so many offers out to OL and I'm sure other guys will emerge as camp/showcase season ramps up.

Speaking of transfers, Dominic Bass transferred from Phillips to Morgan Park which is a good move for us since Chris James is the coach there. I know the coach at Phillips said that Bass could end up being the best CPL prospect ever but I doubt he ends up being ranked as high as Martez Wilson. Regardless, he has to be one of our top targets for 2021.

Deleted member 631370

D
Doesn't seem ideal

Is there any prior information suggesting that Miami was his dream school?

Reason I ask is because sometimes kids go over the top in praising offers they get. "My dream offer!", when in reality it's not necessarily THE dream offer.

Absent any other evidence, though, this doesn't sound encouraging.

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
these lads grow up watching the U on TV and it looks like the place to be. If they get the offer and get a chance to go down there on an OV, then they see its the place to be.

We cant compete , campus wise, or recent history wise, with that. That being said, the U is a LONG WAY from home and his family may get hinky about sending him so far away.

We aren't out of it, but we have a mountain to climb with this one.

FT35

Naperville
these lads grow up watching the U on TV and it looks like the place to be. If they get the offer and get a chance to go down there on an OV, then they see its the place to be.

We cant compete , campus wise, or recent history wise, with that. That being said, the U is a LONG WAY from home and his family may get hinky about sending him so far away.

This is kind of an overreaction unless I’m missing something. Mookie also has offers from Alabama and Georgia so I don’t see this offer as a game changer for him.

We have been recruiting him for two and a half years, have his former HS coach on staff and will also have two former teammates on the roster this Fall. We’re also three hours away from where he lives, he has been on campus countless times and he de-committed from Texas right after visiting us.

We can’t compete with most P5 schools in terms of what they have to offer but there are countless reasons why Illinois is the team to beat in this recruitment.

Only mountain to climb with this one is winning 6 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.