Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love the gif. And, winning six games shouldn’t be this hard for us. We win 4 with 4th strong receivers that dropped the balls a ton and a very young defense that lost key pieces due to drugs.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
I'm investing too much faith in the system, but Illinois getting another crystall ball for Mookie AFTER he reported the Miami offer brings me some confidence.

I'm investing too much faith in the system, but Illinois getting another crystall ball for Mookie AFTER he reported the Miami offer brings me some confidence.

Mookie's other, more prominent, dream school was Texas. From what I understand, he is taking the staff's advice and exploring programs. At this point, most people would assume he will be at Illinois, for many reasons. But he will take his time and check out schools, so anything could change.

Who does everybody think is going to be the first recruit to commit for 2020? I would love to get some good news in the upcoming week or two

Love or Mookie...Idk if it will be in the next couple weeks though.
Man it would be great to get love and Mookie. We’d be loading up the backfield for years to come with those two. I just hope our defense will be able to catch up and keep pace with our offense

I love the gif. And, winning six games shouldn’t be this hard for us. We win 4 with 4th strong receivers that dropped the balls a ton and a very young defense that lost key pieces due to drugs.

I think they should win at least 6. I just wanted to use that gif haha

Deleted member 654622

D
I think they should win at least 6. I just wanted to use that gif haha
It was a great gif. Best part is how he went straight Ric Flair after he released he wasn't going to make it

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
excellent

does anyone have any news on when we can expect to hear if Ford got his waiver ?

FT35

Naperville
If it's Brissett then I hope he can stay healthy. He missed most of last season with an ankle injury.

https://www.richmond.com/sports/col...cle_52f6d5ad-d1ea-50f0-8798-f949f1060618.html

https://richmondspiders.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2958

He's originally from Canada but played football at Lake Forest Academy.

He was expected to transfer to Syracuse as that is where his brother plays basketball but that didn't work out for some reason.

He had a great season in 2017 and could also help on Special Teams.

Well, I hope this "documented" injury healed well. Brissett could be a real contributor.

News out of left field, I'm told that Zeriah Beason has stated that he wants to play in the Pac 12. Lovie & AHS are/were very confident in his recruitment, with the close family connection & the fact that Marquez is such a recruiter. He will visit with Marquez in April, along with Keith Miller. We should have a clearer picture of where we stand in his recruitment following that.

Deleted member 654622

D
News out of left field, I'm told that Zeriah Beason has stated that he wants to play in the Pac 12. Lovie & AHS are/were very confident in his recruitment, with the close family connection & the fact that Marquez is such a recruiter. He will visit with Marquez in April, along with Keith Miller. We should have a clearer picture of where we stand in his recruitment following that.
raw

Well, I hope this "documented" injury healed well. Brissett could be a real contributor.

I'm sure the staff assessed this. But in one of his 3 games last season he compiled 178 yards receiving. Even at the chance that he can play, the amount he can spread the defense and draw double coverage will clear room for our running backs. Even without 100% knowledge, this a smart risk for one season.

Deleted member 649710

D
Would Brissett be immediately eligible, or have to sit for a year/hope for a waiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.