Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm just dreaming at this juncture, but sure would be an ideal time for Mookie or Reggie to commit to the beloved with all the visitors this weekend. No info, but I'm guessing Kevo will be our first.

FT35

Naperville
I know I'm just dreaming at this juncture, but sure would be an ideal time for Mookie or Reggie to commit to the beloved with all the visitors this weekend. No info, but I'm guessing Kevo will be our first.

Kevo? I hope you're right as that would be an amazing get at a position of need. Landing another CPL kid would also be nice and could help with Harper as well.

My read on that recruitment is that he wants to enjoy the recruiting process a bit and take some visits before committing anywhere. He just started playing football last year and his head coach, Arthur Ray, appears to be taking over that recruitment. Arthur was an OL at Michigan State, fwiw.

He's gotten offers recently from Arizona, Louisville, Vanderbilt, Iowa, etc. and I was under the impression that he would want to visit a number of those schools. I believe he has visited Iowa, Northwestern and Purdue in addition to Illinois.

The fact that he, and a number of these guys, are coming back for a 2nd visit is encouraging.

met him over the weekend at both of our school baseball games he big as stuff, just huge and it own his first years playing football. man that a lot of potential

met him over the weekend at both of our school baseball games he big as stuff, just huge and it own his first years playing football. man that a lot of potential
He'd be a great get.

touper

'burbs
hes

He's a kid, leave him alone and let him have his moment.....
No, it’s actually based off an album that he likes. Lots of Chicago artists connected to the album. No clue if he has any connection to any of them but my point is that Illinisouthside is not talking trash.

Deleted member 649710

D
If 247 is accurate, Pittsburgh and Illinois are the only two Power Five schools who have yet to land a 2020 verbal commitment. :confused:

ktal… what happened to your goggles?
???? Isn't the kid a desired recruit? The only think I know about him is that his social media gets enough air time on these pages for me to conclude we're interested. But you know what they say about assumptions.

Neidermeyer

Faber College
???? Isn't the kid a desired recruit? The only think I know about him is that his social media gets enough air time on these pages for me to conclude we're interested. But you know what they say about assumptions.

Your cat had on some sweet goggles in your last pic. And, you're right, he would be a great get!

FT35

Naperville
Grad transfer? So no sitting out a year then either even though he still has two years of eligibility?

He'd be eligible immediately if he graduates.

This would be similar to Pat Nelson's transfer to SMU where he was a graduate transfer and still had two years of eligibility left.

Betiku was in the Class of 2016 and was a RS Sophomore this past season.

Your cat had on some sweet goggles in your last pic. And, you're right, he would be a great get!
Hahaha, I was completely lost. I don't even remember what I had. I just pick one that makes me smile. There's always a stack on my desktop because I clip them as I wander the toobz.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Betiku is an absolute beast. No clue if he can play, but I'd take a flyer on him. Betiku and Tate were HS teammates, evidently.

Sidley: yes, please.

Deleted member 649710

D
Betiku no doubt is a physical specimen, but in 3 years at USC did not show that he was particularly good at football. Of course Clark knows him first hand, so if he wants him, why not? Nothing to lose.

Is it possible Beitku was playing behind top talent and hurt, not given the reps and time to develop. At Illinois he will get more reps IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.