Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 654622

D
If you're gonna do that, you might as well go hit the recruiting trail yourself.

Just kidding. Please don't do that, sad man. ;)
Do you think if I went to Trinity and E Stl HS and held up ILL signs in the parking lot would be going to far? lol

I guess I should just make sure everyone knows that I am being 100% sarcastic here. You never know

Last edited by a moderator:

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
just did the class calcuate on 247 man it we get this class man we can have a top 15, top 5 in the big ten like class. https://247sports.com/college/illinois/Season/2020-Football/Commits/Preview/
I did this last night too, but stopped after all the top prospects because I didn't know how to project the "class filler" type 2-star and 3-star prospects who would round out this class. It only gave me a class score of like 150, but that was only with about 7 or 8 guys in the class. Getting another 10-15 guys on top of the 4-star guys would make this a dynamite class, as you mentioned.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Do you think if I went to Trinity and E Stl HS and held up ILL signs in the parking lot would be going to far? lol
giphy.gif

I did this last night too, but stopped after all the top prospects because I didn't know how to project the "class filler" type 2-star and 3-star prospects who would round out this class. It only gave me a class score of like 150, but that was only with about 7 or 8 guys in the class. Getting another 10-15 guys on top of the 4-star guys would make this a dynamite class, as you mentioned.
i just look at the offers and pick the guys i know we got a little steam with. the Wide out from GA is visiting the the 13
https://247sports.com/player/naesaan-dickerson-46058450/

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
How many times do we always say, especially in basketball, why don't all these in state kids talk and team up. It never seems to happen even though it makes so much sense. If it ACTUALLY happens...not only will it be huge for this recruiting class, but think about could be built in the next 5 years. Dare to Dream boys!

Because:

(1) Some of them don't like each other or play for rival schools
(2) Some have family involved in the recruitment more than friends/other top players
(3) A couple of them will get an offer at a "dream" school that the others do not
(4) Certain high schools have been "burned" by certain colleges and will do anything to avoid sending their players there
(5) Some play the same position as others in the top group
(6) Some do not fit the scheme at College X
(7) Some kids want to commit early, some want to wait until later
(8) Some of these kids never meet with others on the top of the list (go to different camps, some of down state, etc.)
(8a) Since you never meet some of the list, how do you know they are good? Some of the kids in the Illinois top-10 will drop off, others will rise up)
(9) Certain kids want to pursue specific majors that aren't offered at College X
(10) Certain kids can't get admitted to College X
(11) Some have siblings that currently or previously played for a coach or university, wanting to follow in their footsteps

Eeeesh.....I have some real work to do today, but gripped! Kudos to staff and extra kudos to 2019 studs (Shammond, IW, MB, & Keith) who made the leap of faith early.

Deleted member 236589

D
Because:

(1) Some of them don't like each other or play for rival schools
(2) Some have family involved in the recruitment more than friends/other top players
(3) A couple of them will get an offer at a "dream" school that the others do not
(4) Certain high schools have been "burned" by certain colleges and will do anything to avoid sending their players there
(5) Some play the same position as others in the top group
(6) Some do not fit the scheme at College X
(7) Some kids want to commit early, some want to wait until later
(8) Some of these kids never meet with others on the top of the list (go to different camps, some of down state, etc.)
(8a) Since you never meet some of the list, how do you know they are good? Some of the kids in the Illinois top-10 will drop off, others will rise up)
(9) Certain kids want to pursue specific majors that aren't offered at College X
(10) Certain kids can't get admitted to College X
(11) Some have siblings that currently or previously played for a coach or university, wanting to follow in their footsteps
I'm going to be Mr. Positive, then temper the positivity with a dose of reality.

Positive:. It's AWESOME that we're getting all of these marquee commitments! It's definitely showing some serious progress.

Negative:. It's only April, it's right after a camp and it's football recruiting, which is by far the worst in regards to coaches poaching and what a commitment actually means. Until the ink is dry on a NLI....they're just words and a helluva story for us. We'll have no less than 7 flips in our favor and going the other direction before all is said and done.

I'm very excited, but football recruiting is slimy.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
One other thing I would add is recruiting in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs has started to become more consistent on where the recruit ultimately decides to attend college.

School preferences by regional location (in order)*
North/Northwest Suburbs: Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Northwestern
West Suburbs: Iowa, Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois
Southside: Indiana? Cincinnati? Not many recruits
Chicago Proper: Illinois, Minnesota

* = when one of the top schools like Georgia, Alabama, Michigan makes an offer, the list is disrupted.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
I'm going to be Mr. Positive, then temper the positivity with a dose of reality.

Positive:. It's AWESOME that we're getting all of these marquee commitments! It's definitely showing some serious progress.

Negative:. It's only April, it's right after a camp and it's football recruiting, which is by far the worst in regards to coaches poaching and what a commitment actually means. Until the ink is dry on a NLI....they're just words and a helluva story for us. We'll have no less than 7 flips in our favor and going the other direction before all is said and done.

I'm very excited, but football recruiting is slimy.

I'm less worried about flips with Lovie. The staff under him seems to do a great job of keeping the great majority of the commits without issues.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Also was great to see the staff offer Joe Moore - DE from Cardinal Ritter. Loved his video on 247.

Status
Not open for further replies.